free website stats program GPS Maps | Harley Davidson Forums

GPS Maps

Nikko684

So I have a 2016 Roadglide Special. which, naturally has the 6.5 inch premium touch screen. I bought it in the states, in NC. I was sent to Europe, and I need to download the Europe maps... So I went to the website, downloaded the latest software updates, installed them, then I downloaded the European map set, unzipped it, and copy and pasted to my thumb drive just like the instructions say. however my bike does not start the install. it doesn't even recognize the thumb drive. But I know the thumb drive works because if I delete the maps, and put some music on it, the bike reads it just fine. its a 128gb USB 3.0 stick. does anyone know why this might be happening? I know I have to pay for the maps, and the instructions say that once I install the maps, a code will pop up on my infotainment screen that I need to type into the code redemption screen on their website and pay, then they give me another code after I've paid to authenticate. I'm aware of how to do everything, but why won't my bike read the maps?

I'm no computer expert but I think the maps may be in a format the infotainment system can't read, just a guess.

I'm no computer expert but I think the maps may be in a format the infotainment system can't read, just a guess.
That's what I'm thinking but the question is, How do I fix that? I mean the download is direct from the HD website...

Nav upgrade is very different than software updates. I am guessing that You have an understanding of the process.Because it does not work.I would start here: https://harley-davidson.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2howto-guide?guide=Toolbox&topic=Fingerprint

This is interesting...So You have to create a fingerprint. Ok, so after you create the fingerprint, do you just go along with the normal install procedures? or is there another step involved? unfortunately the naviextras website does not specify...

ok guys, I got it!! finally after 6 hours. So what Harttoo said was correct. you must FIRST create a fingerprint from your bike, then, slide the map download file onto the same thumb drive and it works as described in the instructions on the Harley website from there. good to go now!

Harttoo, Thank you VERY much! I would not have found that fingerprint instruction without you pointing me the right direction. Much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay guys I was wrong. So last night it was late and I left the thumbdrive in, seemed to be installing fine. I went outside to put the bike away, it said "installation interrupted please re insert USB device" so I unplugged and tried again. It starts the install, makes it to about 3% and then interrupts. I have tried on 5 different thumb drives, even went and bought a brand new one. Thing is, Now my infotainment screen ONLY shows where it says the above quote. I cannot use my radio, Bluetooth, nothing! how do I fix this?? is there a way to reboot the infotainment system?

Service menu, select #6.
Harttoo, Thank you for the info. Unfortunately it didn't work. I tried it several times. When you turn on the ignition, there isn't even the warning screen. it goes straight to a red screen that just says re insert USB device to restart download. When I do insert the USB, it installs for all of about 3 or 4 minutes then interrupts. I'm pretty perplexed.

Try installing the normal software update,not the nav update.
Yes that worked to reboot the system. I can now use my radio and everything again. But I still cant install the maps, and I am a little frustrated because I did pay $150 for them. I tried the dealership but nobody there spoke English and they didn't understand what I was trying to say. There is only so much google translate can do I guess. What are my other options if any?

Back