free website stats program Got Ultra back from Dyno | Harley Davidson Forums

Got Ultra back from Dyno

Ozoneman

Well, I picked my bike up from the dealer today after leaving for SERT and dyno test. They thought it was running to lean when I took it in. I have some gold color at the front of the right Sampson Oval slip on.

They did the SERT and dyno tested. I have a 2006 Ultra with the 88 cu in engine. It has the Big Sucker AC and the Sampson pipes. The test in 4th gear showed 71.2 HP and 73.72 torque. Is that any good?

Well, I picked my bike up from the dealer today after leaving for SERT and dyno test. They thought it was running to lean when I took it in. I have some gold color at the front of the right Sampson Oval slip on.

They did the SERT and dyno tested. I have a 2006 Ultra with the 88 cu in engine. It has the Big Sucker AC and the Sampson pipes. The test in 4th gear showed 71.2 HP and 73.72 torque. Is that any good?

Did you get a before and after test?

Torque sounds a bit low, should be up closer to 80. Exhaust will make a big difference in the numbers.

Slipons aren't going to make a big difference from one brand to another, a 2 into 1 would run better and give better numbers but wouldn't look as good on a bagger.

Actually true duals will sacrifice a bit of torque at the bottom end due to the individual runners and no scavenging from the other cylinder. Just put on the slipons you like and run them. If you feel that it should have a bit more power, take it back and tell the dyno guy you aren't too happy with the power.

I don't think he was trying to max the power, rather he was trying to get the best performance with reasonable fuel use. Does that make sense?

It makes very much sense. It can be tuned either way or down the middle for a combination of power and performance which will affect the numbers considerably. I would just enjoy the bike and not worry about the numbers myself as long as it runs good.

Back