free website stats program got pulled over for my "novelty" helmet | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

got pulled over for my "novelty" helmet

Just got back from sheldons HD with a new helmet lol the one with the short flip visor very comfy. My old lady says I'm too old to worry about lookin cool lol. Still want a more novelty looking dot though I'm thinking the low profile from outlaw you know for those realy hot days ;)
WAP.gif

Just got back from sheldons HD with a new helmet lol the one with the short flip visor very comfy. My old lady says I'm too old to worry about lookin cool lol. Still want a more novelty looking dot though I'm thinking the low profile from outlaw you know for those realy hot days ;)
WAP.gif
Hey hippie, I jut went to Sheldons yesterday to buy a Kruz Caddy cup holder for my wife. When we stop for coffee she will often take her unfinished coffee with her with no place to set it down. Now I have solved that problem by mounting it on the side grab rails.
I laughed when you said your "old lady" says you're "too old" to be lookin' cool. They just don't understand do they? :p
Hopefully you will still be able to pick up a nice light, shorty helmet for the look that you are looking for! :s
BTW, where in Mass. are you? I'm in Uxbridge.

Not true...here in NE LEO's have you take helmet off & thoroughly check it...they know what is/isn't DOT certified...fake sticker on non-DOT will ose every time & then you need to wait for someone to bring you legal helmet, trailer the bike, or they confiscate. Not worth the risk...IMO.
:newsmile055:

wow! makes me glad I moved back to Texas, and regretting the fact i have a trip planned back to visit family next month on the bike. Guess I go helmet shopping.

perhaps another option is to go to a local shop - find the helmet and size you want - then go online and buy it - maybe saving a few bucks.
I did purchase the Scorpion 100 half helmet - I like the drop down visor. I wear glasses and in the rain it keeps your glasses dry! The inside of the helmet seems 'hard' to me just about the ears. I think I will attempt to 'cut' it down a tiny bit there.

Bill

==========================================================

I understand the "cool " factor here but recently a member posted that they wore a Scorpion retractable shield helmet. I checked it out and it looked like a pretty good helmet. Plus, it had the functionality of providing a pull down face shield for when you get caught in the rain. I would buy one right now but my wife would kill be because I already have six helmets!
horizonchaser -- check out post #27. I like my scorpion.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
perhaps another option is to go to a local shop - find the helmet and size you want - then go online and buy it - maybe saving a few bucks.
I did purchase the Scorpion 100 half helmet - I like the drop down visor. I wear glasses and in the rain it keeps your glasses dry! The inside of the helmet seems 'hard' to me just about the ears. I think I will attempt to 'cut' it down a tiny bit there.

==========================================================

horizonchaser -- check out post #27. I like my scorpion.

Bill
Bill
Thanks Bill. That's it! My next helmet is going to be a Scorpion in matte black.. I like your tip on going to a local shop and trying a helmet on and then ordering online. Is that what you did because some have said that no two helmet sizes are alike. I sort of believe that. We don't have stringent standards on sizes it seems. I suppose a worse case scenario would be that it doesn't fit ( too big, too small) and I could simply send it back and make the adjustment.

Hey hippie, I jut went to Sheldons yesterday to buy a Kruz Caddy cup holder for my wife. When we stop for coffee she will often take her unfinished coffee with her with no place to set it down. Now I have solved that problem by mounting it on the side grab rails.
I laughed when you said your "old lady" says you're "too old" to be lookin' cool. They just don't understand do they? :p
Hopefully you will still be able to pick up a nice light, shorty helmet for the look that you are looking for! :s
BTW, where in Mass. are you? I'm in Uxbridge.

LOL, oh we understand alright, maybe we just don't want our men to be looking 'too cool' out there. :p

LOL, oh we understand alright, maybe we just don't want our men to be looking 'too cool' out there. :p
Heh, heh. I see. Now I know why my wife, I mean, my old lady ( If I called her that she'd kill me :s ) bought me a goofy helmet for Christmas one year. :D

That's why my old lady said the bobble head helmet looks great lol she'd kill me for calling her that too
WAP.gif

Back