free website stats program Got an 08 or 09 and hate your ABS? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Got an 08 or 09 and hate your ABS?

A good solid wall will stop you faster than anything but I don't want to run into one:p I rely on common sense, safe following distances, looking as far ahead on the road as I can to see potential threats, and staying out of peoples blind spots. As for cars behind you not being able to stop as fast as you, I carry a pocket full of steel ball bearings for the jerks who insist on riding my tail.:bigsmiley33:

That's exactly why I posted the original question. I have no interest in convincing anyone to use ABS. I just want to find someone who hates theirs and swap components with them. I ride in the rain...
That is an interesting read Glider. As he stated, it is his opinion and I know you agree and I respect that. I still believe after reading much on other opinions as well, but mostly based on my own experience with both ABS and non ABS, that at least for me ABS is the best choice. I will not say I am a pro rider, but I have a few years of riding time and I made it a priority to learn to use my brakes as best I could because I always seen that a a high risk. For me, even after becoming familiar with braking, I find these ABS brakes the best choice for me. Now I hope I am not eating my words anytime soon!!

You'll need a $10,000 computer to bleed the system after it takes you a week to swap them out.Not worth the effort.Just buy a new bike.Oh and for you DIY guys with ABS when you change tires do not use a hammer to remove the axle.You'll destroy the sensors in those high dollar bearings.

That's exactly why I posted the original question. I have no interest in convincing anyone to use ABS. I just want to find someone who hates theirs and swap components with them. I ride in the rain...

I've been riding in the rain for years without ABS didn't want it on the new bike, just another headache waiting to happen and another way for the dealer to make money:p

Back