free website stats program Got an 08 or 09 and hate your ABS? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Got an 08 or 09 and hate your ABS?

from what i was told it was the spacing of the wheels or how wide the hub is the abs hub is narrower for the abs stuff

I don't even like driving cars with antilock brakes. There might be different system that work better than the ones I've driven, but on the ones that I have had experience with I didn't like them......so I can't imagine why anyone would want ABS on a Motorcycle.

i dont like cars with abs either but i will say my harley stops faster with abs than a non abs one

Is the ABS hooked up to the front and Rear on the bike? Just curious, in 12 years of constant riding, I've locked the rear up maybe 3 times, but never the front.

I will tell you this about ABS. I have been riding MC for over 35 years. I would not give up the ABS brakes no way no how. They are the primary reason I went ahead with my 09 purchase and I am glad I did. Unless you are a real pro, (less than 1% of riders IMO) they will stop you safer and likely faster than non ABS. If you are a real pro and are ready, you may stop faster but the trade off isn't even close. The facts are out there as they have been around for awhile and they have been proven. But then, if you feel you are better off without them, by all means go without the option. My biggest concern is the cage behind me (or other rides without ABS behind) can't shut down as quickly and eat my rear. This really scares me about ABS.

That is an interesting read Glider. As he stated, it is his opinion and I know you agree and I respect that. I still believe after reading much on other opinions as well, but mostly based on my own experience with both ABS and non ABS, that at least for me ABS is the best choice. I will not say I am a pro rider, but I have a few years of riding time and I made it a priority to learn to use my brakes as best I could because I always seen that a a high risk. For me, even after becoming familiar with braking, I find these ABS brakes the best choice for me. Now I hope I am not eating my words anytime soon!!

Back