free website stats program Good pair of slipons for 2011 Streetglide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good pair of slipons for 2011 Streetglide

Those are great mufflers. These used to be Harley's "Screamin Eagle" mufflers. I don't know why they quit offering them. I had them on my 04 until the baffles started rattling(after some extensive engine work), so I ended up putting the true dual Rinehart system on. I lost a little power when I went from the SE's to the Rinehart's.

I'd like to see that dyno sheet comparison. Did the reverse for me in the past. I run RB Racing LSR2-1, great power.

I'd like to see that dyno sheet comparison. Did the reverse for me in the past. I run RB Racing LSR2-1, great power.
I never did any dynos before and after the rineharts were installed in place of the Supertrapp SE's, I just know that it got weaker. My friend has his 96 built up to 110, and had rineharts installed. He kept complaining to his dealer that it was sick acting, and that he had to downshift all the time. What they did to fix the problem was to insert a small set of V&H baffles inside his rineharts. It now screams. They ordered me a set of the same baffles and are going to put them in this next Monday. I am having before and after dynos done at that time though. Back pressure is a good thing for Harley engines. Rineharts, undoubtably are too open. I don't know if the fact that my 88 is big bored up to 95 w/cams had anything to do my my power lose or not, with the two different exhaust set ups.

I never did any dynos before and after the rineharts were installed in place of the Supertrapp SE's, I just know that it got weaker. My friend has his 96 built up to 110, and had rineharts installed. He kept complaining to his dealer that it was sick acting, and that he had to downshift all the time. What they did to fix the problem was to insert a small set of V&H baffles inside his rineharts. It now screams. They ordered me a set of the same baffles and are going to put them in this next Monday. I am having before and after dynos done at that time though. Back pressure is a good thing for Harley engines. Rineharts, undoubtably are too open. I don't know if the fact that my 88 is big bored up to 95 w/cams had anything to do my my power lose or not, with the two different exhaust set ups.

To add to my last post: For wide open throttle, the rineharts might be better, but I'm more interested in normal cruising power.

I owned a 2010 Road Glide Custom with Stage II and Rinehart True Duals earlier this year. The sound was too loud for me in steady cruise. At that time Rinehart made quiet baffle inserts with 2" I.D. baffles. They also came pre-packed/covered with stainless wool. The seat of pants result was better low-mid torque and quieter cruise sound. Part of that was due to the backpressure, and part sound reduction due to the packing the original 2 1/4" cores lacked.

For an old geezer glider like me, the SuperTrapp SE's with stock headers and Stage I are ok. Cams are next and that'll be all I need.

Gary

Personally, for a hard bagger, I like how pipes slant w/rear of bags so I went w/Bub-7's. Mine are true duals, but they do offer slant slip-on pipes as well. Nice sound & you can go w/3.5" or 4"...depending on how low you want sound. Good luck w/your search...

Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz. I believe the Super trapp SE's someone here mentioned are the same.
Not too noisy while idling or cruising but they have a real bark when you accelerate and deeper sound all the time then stock.
I put them on with the K&N air filter and felt the increase in power, the wife doesn't complain about the noise and I believe they are 50 state legal.
Yes they are flow through- you see right through them, they have rings on the tail that I added 3 more each side.
I'm happy with them.

Screamin' Eagle Fatshotz. I believe the Super trapp SE's someone here mentioned are the same.
Not too noisy while idling or cruising but they have a real bark when you accelerate and deeper sound all the time then stock.
I put them on with the K&N air filter and felt the increase in power, the wife doesn't complain about the noise and I believe they are 50 state legal.
Yes they are flow through- you see right through them, they have rings on the tail that I added 3 more each side.
I'm happy with them.
Harley used to use Supertrapp SE's as their Screamin Eagle mufflers, but my dealer said they didn't anymore.

I got my V&H baffles installed inside of my Rinehart baffles this morning and now have numbers to back up what I already knew about my system.
As far as I can gather, a stock 88in. has about 55 HP/ 62TQ.
With my Big Bore kit w/cams and Rinehart true duals: 68HP/ 83TQ.
After adding extra baffles(V&H 1 3/4) inside of the Rineharts: 74HP/88TQ.

Through the gears at a normal pace you can feel the extra TQ. I am glad they suggested putting more baffle inside of the Rineharts to hold more back pressure.

I am thinking on buying a 2011 Streetglide. I'm looking for a set of slipons that I will not have to do any engine work if that is possible. All help and opinions will be appreciated.

I had an 09 FLHX and went through 2 sets of pipes..Vance & Hines Monster Ovals - deep throaty sound, but for me not exactly what I was looking for. I moved to Rhinehart Racing 4" and those sound more what I am looking for. But, I have heard that if you keep the MO's on for a few thousand miles, the insulations burns off good and they sound awesome.

Best thing to do is hit youtube and listen to what sounds good to YOU.

Back