free website stats program Good pair of slipons for 2011 Streetglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Good pair of slipons for 2011 Streetglide

I am thinking on buying a 2011 Streetglide. I'm looking for a set of slipons that I will not have to do any engine work if that is possible. All help and opinions will be appreciated.

I am thinking on buying a 2011 Streetglide. I'm looking for a set of slipons that I will not have to do any engine work if that is possible. All help and opinions will be appreciated.

JMO but if all you want are some slips , any of the brands should work its just your choice on the sound you want. BUT if you REALLY want to open these beasts up --- upgrade your A/C and getcha a fueler such as the V&H fuel pac or the Doebeck TFI.

JMO but if all you want are some slips , any of the brands should work its just your choice on the sound you want. BUT if you REALLY want to open these beasts up --- upgrade your A/C and getcha a fueler such as the V&H fuel pac or the Doebeck TFI.
But...to really open up a 2011 model you have to get that cat out of the headpipe. It isn't in the mufflers anymore.

Be sure baffles in slip on do not exceed 1.75" and no further upgrades needed.

Personally I like the Rush 3" with 1.75 bafflles, good sound, throaty, not too loud. Put them on my softail, very pleased with results, look good too!

Agree with R. Lewis to go all the way if you are looking for performance.

Personally I like the Rush 3" with 1.75 bafflles, good sound, throaty, not too loud. Put them on my softail, very pleased with results, look good too!

Agree with R. Lewis to go all the way if you are looking for performance.
I had the Rush 3"/ 1.75" on my 09, and they sounded great.

For OP - any particular effect you're looking to obtain from these pipes (sound, looks, etc.)? Would narrow things down a bit...

SuperTrapp SE for the 2010 and up (P/N 128-65117). Best of three sets I've tried on my 2011 FLHTK. Straight through design on both cans...the Cat does most of the noise reduction anyway. Very deep tone due to their fine hole baffle design. Never too loud in cruise or WFO.

I installed HD's Stage 1 and K&N RK-3930 filter assembly at the same time.

Best online source I found: Chrome Addiction

If you want even more power someday loose the Cat and give Fuel Moto a call.

Gary

SuperTrapp SE for the 2010 and up (P/N 128-65117). Best of three sets I've tried on my 2011 FLHTK. Straight through design on both cans...the Cat does most of the noise reduction anyway. Very deep tone due to their fine hole baffle design. Never too loud in cruise or WFO.

I installed HD's Stage 1 and K&N RK-3930 filter assembly at the same time.

Best online source I found: Chrome Addiction

If you want even more power someday loose the Cat and give Fuel Moto a call.

Gary
Those are great mufflers. These used to be Harley's "Screamin Eagle" mufflers. I don't know why they quit offering them. I had them on my 04 until the baffles started rattling(after some extensive engine work), so I ended up putting the true dual Rinehart system on. I lost a little power when I went from the SE's to the Rinehart's.

Back