free website stats program Good ole cable ties | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good ole cable ties

Hey CedarBrook, carry a Big ballpean hammer. They work wonders against punks that carry knives.
I carry the three esentles,cable ties, duct tape and WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn't, you can cable tie it and duct tape it.
If it is supposed to move and doesn't, you can WD-40 it.
What else could you possibly need? In my case maybe a dictionary for my spelling. LOL:lolrolling
I used a cable tie to hold my shift linkage together, it work great.

Too right Bill - that's a great threesome of get-you-home kit. Throw in the hammer as well and you're right for just about anything :lolrolling. I must add the duct tape to my ties and WD40. You never stop picking up great ideas from this site!
Ride safe :D

I've never even thought about anyone trying to steal my windshield. I must be too trusting.
well me neither geezer!!! could be you and I never steal another person's stuff and dont think anyone should be stealing ours either! Whatever, I - like you - have never considered anyone stealing my windshield!!!! Perhaps we should.

Bill

That is just unreal. Some people don't deserve to use oxygen on the planet any longer. I never carried any until I got my Limited and put a few in the tp along with some other stuff for quick repair. Thanks for the heads up.

I just found out from our customs dept that ty-wraps greater than a certain size and tensile strength are prohibited for export. Apparently, terrorists like them. Dig that!

Now for locking the windhield...When I got my detachable fairing (Woody's), it came with replacement mounting hardware, enabling the fairing or windshield to be tightened on (kind of clamping action) with a wrench, rather than just retaining with a bit of spring metal. When the forks are locked, you can't get to the left side hardware with the wrench. Works great.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Oh I almost forgot. If you have a problem and a hammer won't fix it, it must be an electrical or fuel related problem!:bigsmiley22:

Back