free website stats program Good ole cable ties | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good ole cable ties

Maybe we are learning from the police, they use them to tie up the bad guys:p

you dont think of it when u just walk into a wawa or what ever store. but the reality is some whole bikes dissapear that fast .i know people that dont even lock there rides .mine always locked even when i go to a mac machine for a minute

The 2011 catalog now has locks for detachable windshields. A little pricey, but they look like they will work, as long as the potential thief does not have a set of allens.

I carry a supply of cable ties in my tool roll-up. Always have done since I discovered ya need them to keep the daft battery cover on when you're riding :lolrolling!

There are a lot of uses for cable ties no tool kit is complete without a verity of different sizes
You can also get them in a verity of different colours but i prefer good old black for mine

Brian

There are a lot of uses for cable ties no tool kit is complete without a verity of different sizes
You can also get them in a verity of different colours but i prefer good old black for mine

Brian

Yep. Black on mine too. Apparently, like the matching black rather than "chrome" oil filter - they make the bike go faster :D (read that here somewhere I'm sure :s).

Tie wraps are great, back them up with a S&W .357 so if you are lucky enough too catch them in the act, you can "encourage" them to wait till the cops arrive...

Tie wraps are great, back them up with a S&W .357 so if you are lucky enough too catch them in the act, you can "encourage" them to wait till the cops arrive...

Ahhh, that is where your fine Constitution gives you a certain advantage over us - we are not allowed to carry fire arms except under special licence such as hunting. Very sadly in our country, most of the guns are in the hands of bad people. It appears all too frequently in the news in the UK where a good citizen intervenes to stop a crime or to chastise ill bahaviour only to be a victim of a fatal stabbing....

Still'n all, if I saw some hoodlum getting out of line with anyone of mine or my bike........
It'd be hard to stop yourself - wouldn't it....

Hey CedarBrook, carry a Big ballpean hammer. They work wonders against punks that carry knives.
I carry the three esentles,cable ties, duct tape and WD-40.
If it moves and shouldn't, you can cable tie it and duct tape it.
If it is supposed to move and doesn't, you can WD-40 it.
What else could you possibly need? In my case maybe a dictionary for my spelling. LOL:lolrolling
I used a cable tie to hold my shift linkage together, it work great.

Back