free website stats program Gonna do it! - V&H FP3 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gonna do it! - V&H FP3

Folks,

I have had time to play with the FP3 a bit now. On the "View Sensor Data", it lets me look at and monitor the following (see pix below):

• RPM
  • Gear
  • Front sparkplug advance angle
  • Rear sparkplug advance angle
  • Manifold Absolute Pressure
  • Intake temperature
  • Throttle Position Sensor
  • Speed
  • Engine temperature
  • Battery voltage
What it doesn't have that I would like is the AFR. I have sent an email to the V&H customer service group making that suggestion.

I did get the Kuryakyn Tech-Connect Complete Device Mounting Kit for Clutch or Brake Perch which I mounted on the left side.

Kuryakyn Tech-Connect Complete Device Mounting Kit for Clutch or Brake Perch | 605-839 | JP Cycles

I have the FP3 mounted with velcro under the seat affixed to the ECM. There is a pocket under the seat there so I had the room.

Pretty sweet setup for those of you with the HDLAN (CAN bus). For those of you with the Delphi set up, Vance & Hines makes a fuel tuner that rivals the Dobeck unit.

Next step I think is to run the autotune and see if that comes up with any better map than the one I downloaded.

BTW - the pix of the tach below is from the "Demo Mode"!!! I am NOT revving my engine that high!

Cheers,

TQ

Attachments

• FP3 View Sensor Data screen-rpm.jpg
    FP3 View Sensor Data screen-rpm.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 18
  • FP3 View Sensor Data screen-selection.jpg
    FP3 View Sensor Data screen-selection.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 19
Thank you Jack.

Extremely saddened to read the news a few days ago.

I trust you and the Family will find a way to find peace with things.

All our deepest condolences and prayers go out to you and the Family.

Regards,

Trevor

Thank you Jack.

Extremely saddened to read the news a few days ago.

I trust you and the Family will find a way to find peace with things.

All our deepest condolences and prayers go out to you and the Family.

Regards,

Trevor

:s Thank you so much from me and The Redhead

Question about the V&H FP3. Does it stry connectede or just flash the ecm and then unplug it. Also just wondering about the warranty, how long is it? Ask the Harley shop about it of course they said it will burn out if it stays pluged in, and is a piggyback system. Not much help from as I expected. Them want to sell Harley tuners. Any help?

Question about the V&H FP3. Does it stry connectede or just flash the ecm and then unplug it. Also just wondering about the warranty, how long is it? Ask the Harley shop about it of course they said it will burn out if it stays pluged in, and is a piggyback system. Not much help from as I expected. Them want to sell Harley tuners. Any help?

Their published warranty period is 90 days as follows:

"Warranty

All of our exhaust systems are warranted against defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 90 days. This does not cover finishes such as plating, or painted surfaces with discoloration or rust. This warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the system, which may be proven defective under normal use. We will not warranty any system that has been abused, misused, improperly installed, or modified.

Dealers or distributors are not authorized to make dispositions binding upon Vance & Hines. We will not be responsible for any labor charges incurred in removing or replacing any system under warranty. All returns must be accompanied by a return authorization number and a copy of the purchase invoice. Parts being returned without a return authorization may be refused at our receiving docks."

There is nothing specific to the FP3.

It does NOT have to remain plugged in after flashing the ECM unless the rider wants to be able to use the "View Sensor Data" feature of the unit. Also, if the rider wants to use the AutoTune feature, the unit would need to be plugged in for a short period of time while the unit builds the map.

Cheers,

TQ

Last edited:
Their published warranty period is 90 days as follows:

"Warranty

All of our exhaust systems are warranted against defects in material and/or workmanship for a period of 90 days. This does not cover finishes such as plating, or painted surfaces with discoloration or rust. This warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the system, which may be proven defective under normal use. We will not warranty any system that has been abused, misused, improperly installed, or modified.

Dealers or distributors are not authorized to make dispositions binding upon Vance & Hines. We will not be responsible for any labor charges incurred in removing or replacing any system under warranty. All returns must be accompanied by a return authorization number and a copy of the purchase invoice. Parts being returned without a return authorization may be refused at our receiving docks."

There is nothing specific to the FP3.

It does NOT have to remain plugged in after flashing the ECM unless the rider wants to be able to use the "View Sensor Data" feature of the unit. Also, if the rider wants to use the AutoTune feature, the unit would need to be plugged in for a short period of time while the unit builds the map.

Cheers,

TQ

Thanks for the update. This might be the way for me to go as I won't be making too many changes to the engine. Maybe air intake catless header, slip on exhaust. Last bike I had the fullsac header, reinhart slipons, upgrade to a 103, tts master tune. To me alot of money for what I got. This 103 will run circles around my old 103. Just need more input to the + side. But it sure sounds like what I need.

Thanks for the update. This might be the way for me to go as I won't be making too many changes to the engine. Maybe air intake catless header, slip on exhaust. Last bike I had the fullsac header, reinhart slipons, upgrade to a 103, tts master tune. To me alot of money for what I got. This 103 will run circles around my old 103. Just need more input to the + side. But it sure sounds like what I need.

Well, with the FP3, you can select one of the maps that V&H has on file based on your basic setup. Then use AutoTune to have the module customize the map based on the input from the sensors and your actual setup. When done, you can upload this new map and tell them the details about how your bike is configured, and how you ride. The Pros from Dover at V&H will then look closely at your new bike customized map and may tweak it a bit before getting back to you.

Pretty good deal!!

Cheers,

TQ

Back