free website stats program Gone Hunting! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gone Hunting!

Hope the hunting was productive, any pics of the critters?

Nothin with horns. I didnt want to break any forum rules and scare the kids and all. I believe that last years winter and the coyotes have taken a very real toll on the deer population. I saw lots and lots of evidence of this. Coyote hunting is imperative IMO.
Black bear is alive and well, with a healthy population!

Bodeen

We have the same coyote problem on the ranch here in TX. Seeing lots of dogs but not many deer. They will definately put a hurting on the deer poulation if not kept in check, time for some predator calling after deer season, just what I need, another reason to hunt :small3d007:

We have the same coyote problem on the ranch here in TX. Seeing lots of dogs but not many deer. They will definately put a hurting on the deer poulation if not kept in check, time for some predator calling after deer season, just what I need, another reason to hunt :small3d007:

Yeah, I hear ya! I have really been wanting to drag out my trusty old .22-250 and spin some dust out of the barrel. Makes me want to order that rabbit distress call right now!

Bodeen

Thanks for sharing, Bodeen. I take a 10 day trip to my uncles land in VT in November each yr for deer camp and to see family. 700 acres on Lk Champlain. Only a cabin and no electric, my cell phone doesn't even work.

I snapped this pic from my stand this past winter :) I'd rather be on my RoadGlide or sitting in my stand!

100_0433.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Bodeen. I take a 10 day trip to my uncles land in VT in November each yr for deer camp and to see family. 700 acres on Lk Champlain. Only a cabin and no electric, my cell phone doesn't even work.

I snapped this pic from my stand this past winter :) I'd rather be on my RoadGlide or sitting in my stand!

100_0433.jpg

Same deal here. No phone service of any kind. No central heat. No internet. Its to die for really. I do have electric and water. The weather this year was more conducive to riding the RK than sitting in the stand. Either way its a win/win.

Bodeen

Always nice to be away from it all.

This is a stand that is getting out of hand, but I love it just the same. It's only on 50 acres, and on a corner lot so you can still hear the cars go by.
No deer yet.

Attachments

• Blind 8.jpg
    Blind 8.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 17
Back