free website stats program Gloss black engine guard kit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gloss black engine guard kit

if memory serves you can use the Linby bar with the floor boards of the Crossbones as the position is the same as the Heritage and my dealer has them on their demo heritage
Thanks Hobbit. I had no clue about that.

One thing I did when mounting the highway bar was to size the mounting hardware and replace with all stainless. For the top mount, changed the nut to a nylon locking type with flat washers on either side. I just didn't feel the bolt and nut supplied, along with the allen head screws were up to par. The bar was great, just didn't like the hardware.

there ya go then, i will still check as i will be there getting more cleaning stuff :( i hate winter

Cool, I love pictures!!

I have loved winter my entire life...until I bought a Harley. I'm moving to Hawaii in July. If it ever snows there while I am there I will personally sink the entire island. :bigsmiley24:

It's been about a month now,whats your new toy going to be?:newsmile017:

and i will be getting an old hard tail Iron Head Sporty tucked away at the back for sunny summers and tinkering, wife dont know yet so shhhhhh!!!:D
This is not going to be one of the newer, fancified ones, is it? You know, with the electric start.
Remember the spark is 1/4 turn for start and after it kicks you over the bars a couple times, you'll make sure of the 1/4 turn. Have forgotten in the past and did too much advance and got launched. Anyone who hasn't kick started an older Harley just don't know what they're missing.

nope, hopefully it will be a late 60's early 70's with kicker and reversed gearbox/rear brake just like the old brit bikes oh and if it dont leak it aint got no oil in it :D:naughty it will be left cosmetically as i find it, i will get the motor running sweet and LOUD but the rest will stay as is rust and all, as long as its not hazardous to health
Good on ya. So it's going to be a 900cc? I don't remember when they went up to 1000cc. Could be right in the time frame you're thinking of.
You get it, post up pics. Grunge and all. And I don't think they all leaked that badly. I know some Triumphs did, but a Harley - never. :D

Back