free website stats program Gloss black engine guard kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Gloss black engine guard kit

brderj

So I spent the majority of my day deciding how to spend my income tax return...:D and after figuring the stage 2 kit was to rich for my blood, and really I have no business going any faster than I already do, I decided to go for comfort and looks. I found these gloss black engine guards on the harley website. Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories My debate on this is with the look of the bike. Right now I have a fairly clean minimal look. If I add these engine guards I will be FORCED to add highway pegs. If I do that I will probably want to add the passing lamps and of course the front mounted horn. You know, just to round the beast out a bit. :bigsmiley12:

Whatcha think? Keep it as low profile as possible, or go nuts?

So I spent the majority of my day deciding how to spend my income tax return...:D and after figuring the stage 2 kit was to rich for my blood, and really I have no business going any faster than I already do, I decided to go for comfort and looks. I found these gloss black engine guards on the harley website. Harley-Davidson USA | Accessories And Apparel | Genuine Motor Accessories My debate on this is with the look of the bike. Right now I have a fairly clean minimal look. If I add these engine guards I will be FORCED to add highway pegs. If I do that I will probably want to add the passing lamps and of course the front mounted horn. You know, just to round the beast out a bit. :bigsmiley12:
Whatcha think? Keep it as low profile as possible, or go nuts?
These are Linby Multibars.
DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0706.jpg

They are a gloss black. After someone backed into me and knocked the bike over on the right side I redid with a matte finish.
They have footrests on top of the upper bar. They work for me, but I'm not real tall. If you have forward controls, you'll have to check to see if these would work. They're not your standard shaped guards. Why I liked them.
About 239 w/shipping from Eastern Performance.

Go Nuts.

Oh man, I love those!! I am tall, 6'2, and I have forward controls that seem to me further away than any I have ever ridden on. I think it's more the difference between footboards and pegs. Anyway, I really like those engine guards and will be looking into them. Thank you!

Furthermore docsledge, that bike is the perfect balance of chrome and black I have ever seen. Very b-e-a-utiful ride!

Low profile.

I have an engine guard I bought two bikes ago and couldn't bring myself to fit it once I got it home. I'm going to mount it on the wall like stag horns soon!

Back