free website stats program Geting crazy | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Geting crazy

When I'm not puttin' around on 2 wheels, I'm pushing a diesel down the road teaching new drivers on 18 of them. Up in the cab I have a birds-eye view of the circus out there on the highway. You would be amazed at some of the comments I get from the students who realize exactly how bad they drove their cars after they experience piloting the big-rigs. I think every new driver as a condition of getting their license should be required to ride for a day in a tractor-trailer rig. The biggest culprit I see is people driving around with their cell phones embedded in their ear oblivious to everything around them. But then, there are some out there that shouldn't be allowed to push a wheelbarrow, much less drive a 3500# cage down the road.

I wittnessed an accident the other day {two cages} But I instantly Thought about riding. The people were ok and since the girl was ALREADY ON THE CELL PHONE ! she didnt have to look for it to call the police. I guess it works any where when in the country you have cattle to look out for. We have open range here.Its all in how you feel i guess.....thx for the thread !

I am Police Officer in NC and I have seen my share of MC wrecks. All but one that I have seen during my career have been someone elses fault other than the biker. The one exception was that of drunk driving while riding. My opinion on that is, that rider was looking for something to happen. When it is your time it is your time unless you assist it in happening (i.e. DWI/DUI). Seeing something like another rider getting struck by a vehicle so much larger than he/she and the bike is extremely disturbing. How you deal with the thoughts and memories of what was seen is what will get you through it. Some may stop riding all together and some may not think twice about it. It is all up to the individual. Not riding after seeing something like that is nothing to be ashamed of. Ride safe!

Back