free website stats program Gerbing Heated Socks vs Gerbing Insoles? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbing Heated Socks vs Gerbing Insoles?

Elkridge to Hampstead is only about an hour+ apart. You should get together to see how the gear is similar or different.

My jacket and gloves are both H-D (electric is by Gerbing). My jacket only has 1 plug and the gloves each plug into a wire coming out of each sleeve. My sleeve plugs will come out about 1.5', but the main plug (which comes out of the jacket front lower left side) only extends about 8". I pulled on the main plug wire trying to make it come out further and actually pulled the plug out of the inside wiring harness. Thought I had "broken" my new coat. Figured out that if there is a prob, the way it's internally wired, it can easily be fixed by putting in a new wire. Pretty cool design in my opinion. Tracy

Maybe your jacket is different than mine: My gloves connect to the jacket physically, but I am sure they are on a different circuit. Do you have two controlers or an extra Y-splitter?

I have the gerbins dual controller. Gloves plug in jacket and insoles plug into pants.

I have both the socks and the insoles, the socks deliver more heat than the insoles, I have found the socks to be very uncomfortable because of the wires. The insoles work fine and are comfortable for all day long use.

Heated Jacket Liner Wiring

Unless I'm mistaken, some of Gerbings jacket liners were not wired (internally) for dual controlling of multiple connected items via a dual controller (seems I read something about this on their site). This could be a reason for insole overheating, especially if they can't be controlled separate from the rest of the gear.

Back