free website stats program Gerbing / HD Heated Gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbing / HD Heated Gear

As far as the connectivity of the Grebing heated clothing the jacket or jacket liner has what is called a PDU (power distribution unit) basically 2 inputs and a output,(2 male and 1 female) the 2 males are for incoming power to the jacket and gloves, the jacket and liner are wired to power ports that come out of the sleeves. If not using a controller you will need a y adaptor so you can run both of those males off one cable going to the battery.
I bought the dual controller so I could have more power to the gloves and less to the jacket since I have a fairing.
The female is to connect to the pants or pant liner, which intern has little zippered pockets like the jacket that the heated insoles can be plugged into. Or you can forget the pants and run the supplied cable from the jacket to the insoles if you do not wish to were the pants, as I do since I have the Willie wings on the fairing and fairing lowers, but on bikes with out them and temps below 40 I would do the full meal deal.
I have ridden in 20 degree temps at 70 mph with a smile on my face.
Oh ya if you have the jacket (I bought a older union ridge on a close out sale)
you can put the collar up and with a full face helmet my face stays warm to,
but since I hate helmets in general I think I am going to get one of those modular types that the front opens.
Just thought I would put my 2 cents in since I ride all year and am also new to heated gear. The stuff is priceless.
My only gripe is that the pants and liners should have 2 male inputs like the jacket so I could run another dual controler between the pants and insoles, the only way to do it currently is to run the long wire that comes with the insoles down your leggs inside of your pants then run a second controler, I say this since my feet do not allways agree with my legs just as fingers and my upper body,
ARE YOU READING THIS GERBING ENGINERS?

I agree with you about not having "triple" controler for body, hands and feet. I did get good results by riding with a pair of boots that are made of neoprene (not just plain rubber so it is insulated) from just below my knee to my ankle and the rest is a sort of foam rubber (bought them at a Tractor Supply store, no name on them) They just slip on, no zippers or lacing. By keeping my lower leg warmer, and no drafts through the boot, my feet stay warmer. I would love to just turn up the dial on my feet though.....:D

Gerbing is tip-top gear.

I have the heated boot inner soles the micro wire pants,jacket and glove liners. All micro wire . I run the pants and soles off of one half of the duel controller and the jacket and glove liners off the other. Works well and you do get spoiled real quick. Bought everything from Gerbing web site. I also think the Harley stuff is not micro wire yet.

I had occasion to talk directly to a Gerbing rep. a few weeks ago and ask him about the micro wire technology and whe the HD stores did not have same in their stock. His answer was that HD MOCO did not want the new micro wire used in their HD gear made by Gerbing.

I do not know why and neither did he. I and the wife both have the HD Gerbing gear and we just purchased hers in September of last year.

So if you are interested in the micro wire technology (I would also prefer same), you will have to go directly to Gerbing. Another thing I like about the Gerbing version over the HD version is the docking station (where you plug the wiring from the various clothing into), as HD gear has wires hanging on the inside of the vest/jacket and on the sleeves.

Hope this helps.

I agree... I have the Gerbing heated jacket liner and the G3 gloves... my wife has the Harley jacket liner... I prefer the connection set up on the Gerbing better than the wires hanging out on the Harley jacket..

IF... they have your size in stock...
Heated Clothing Outlet - Huge Discounts on Heated Clothing! is the Gerbings return/blem site, great savings... IF they have your size in stock
Another great supplier (used to make Gerbings under contract years back)
Warm Safe Heated Clothing and the Heat-troller for the Real Thing!
Tourmaster SYNERGY has some good products, AND they come with controllers
Heated Motorcycle Apparel, Heated Motorcycle Gloves, Heated Motorcycle Jackets, Heated Motorcycle Vests, Heated Motorcycle Pants, Heated Motorcycle Masks, Heated Motorcycle Balaclavas, Motorcycle Heating Electronics
Check out Warm gear also
WarmGear Heated Clothing

Hey Scootch that's some good info and a great site. I wear the powerlet socks I think they may be made by warm & safe and they plug into my Gerbing's Extreme overpant's. I bought the socks from a different supplier because Gerbing's wasn't making them yet. They used to and then they stopped, I understand they are going to be available again soon. I haven't tried the innersoles, I might give them a try later, but the socks work great.
I never have a problem with getting the heat set comfortable for my gloves/coat /overpant's and socks while using the dual contoller.
I have a jacket liner and it was great, but the Extreme overcoat is better in my opinion. I will use the liner later when the temps are 40 or above and I want to wear my leather. Ain't this stuff great!
All those years we used to freeze our Hands and feet off while riding without heated gear. I used to remember putting my left hand down on top of the cylinder head until I could feel my fingers again and then lock the throttle and switch hands and then put my right hand on the head. And alternate them trying to survive. And then finally your chest would get so cold!! Burr!
Take care and ride safe.

Back