free website stats program Gerbing Dual Controller mounting question. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbing Dual Controller mounting question.

Found info on the Heat Troller in the BMW forums. Those guys all use heat gear.

Enter the Heat-Troller. This advanced device allows for precise, stepless control of heat level from off, to full power. Better yet, it is a “non-resistive” controller. When set for less than full power, it’s only using a proportionate fraction of your heated gear’s full rated power draw. This is vitally important since most motorcycles have a fairly limited excess alternator capacity. The Heat-Troller is the only non-resistive controller of which we know. Using “pulse-width modulation” the Heat- Troller sends pulses of current to your heated gear. On higher settings there are longer bursts of current with shorter periods of no current. On lower settings there is logically, more “off time” than “on time”.

The Heat-Troller rotary switch has a tactile off position and an indicator LED that flashes when current is being supplied to your gear, as a visual indicator of the heat setting. When current is being supplied to your gear the LED indicator is lit. So if the LED barley flickers and is then off for a second or two, you know at a glance, the heat setting is very low. If the LED is on and then off for roughly equal moments, you know the heat setting is in the middle of the range. A steady lit LED likewise, means full heat has been selected.

The Heat Troller also now makes a remote control system. No wires running to the controller. You can just zip tie the control to your handlebars for winter riding, take it off for summer riding, too cool. Works with all heat gear. Go to

[removed]

for more info. If my wired one ever goes, I will get one of these units.
My Softail Deluxe has a leather cigarette case with a folding lid just under my chrome that goes just under the speedometer mount. It sits on top of the tank and is attatched in the rear under the seat with a screw. I was thinking about cutting a small slit at the top of the leather wide enough to insert the belt clip of my dual controller. Heck, I don't use the pouch anyway since I don't smoke. I am also planning to drill a hole next to the speedometer reset button and mounting a permanent plug there from Gerbings. I think that would be better than just letting the wire vibrate loose from under the seat and risk shorting out against the motor.

I use a lanyard around my neck ,long enough to hang about mid chest ,I can control it pretty easy from there.

Back