free website stats program Genuine HD parts?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Genuine HD parts??

ive done good on craigslist locally to inspect ebay was a good deal new pillon for 18.00 dollars plus ten shipping just have to take the time to look

I have heard that Chicago Harley no longer offers 20% but now does 10% instead. They have also be having long delays on shipping non-stock items

There are several places that offer 20% off either online or over the phone.
Zanotti, Tri-County H-D, and I believe Ronnie'S H-D does also.

Randall

I noticed last time I ordered from Zanotti's that the shipping has gone way up! Almost to the point of not even being worth it.

Bodeen

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know, when I opened this thread I guess I was a bit naive about "Harley stuff". I shouldn't have been. Was thinking Genuine Harley was U.S. made but I was wrong. Will have to live with what's out there I guess. Thanks for the wakeup call folks! I still find it very sad and where will it all end?? We gotta get back to rebuilding our industrial base but I doubt we will. Doug

You are correct doug, the drawback consequence is it takes lower wages to compete.
I don't know how old you are but I won't live that long to see it happen.

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

You are correct doug, the drawback consequence is it takes lower wages to compete.

Al

Sorry I'm so late getting back on. Busy, busy I guess.

61 Al. I won't see it either but that's ok. no sense frettin' about age and anything else we CAN'T change. Just change what we can. Doug

MADE IN AMERICA and Genuine HD is definately an oxymoron, just doesn't happen in today's world of global economics. I have $11K plus in aftermarket parts on my 07 FLHRC, and not a single piece of HD branded products. Mostly Kuryakyn, Arlen Ness and Dakota Digital. With proper care and maintainance everything looks just like the day I put it on. If you want proof take a look at my album on this forum.

Al

This is not absolutely true....there are many ways to compete, but it takes a concentrated effort on the part of all..1) consumers, look for the best quality, and buy quality products made in the USA if possible...don't buy chinese junk...2) let your representatives know how you feel about so called free trade...3) corporations develop a social conscience...it is good to put americans to work, even if it hurts your bottom line...we used to be united , now we have become divided...this is a great country when we work as a team...I remember those days...teach your children what we can be

HD Parts lol, SO how do you guys feel about the new assembly plant in INDIA that just opened this past November , Do you feel the bikes that are assembled in India are less quality. India-Harley (WEBSITE) this is just the begining of a new era,I guess its just the nature of the beast of the corp world when sharholders demand more profit ,Heck with the blue collor guy ,lets layoff another 3000 Hd employed, Smitty I agree , I try t buy American ,I have my entire life and its getting harder and harder , Ive tried to instill this in my kids ,most American people just dont get it, I better stop here I can go on for 8 more pages and find myself in trouble .......this subject is to personal for me as i AM MADE IN THE USA.

Bottom line, we need to put skilled Americans back to work and stop being consumers, IMO

Need to jump on the buy American band wagon here. In 2003 my employer bought me a pair of Red Wing Boots.
I was really suprised when I looked inside and saw the Made in the USA tag on the inside of the tounge. Those steel toed boots really got a work out. They were comfortable and really wore well. Wore them almost every day for almost 6 years (work and riding).
Had to get a replacement pair when I finally wore the soles down far enough that they started to leak. Asked my employer to purchase another pair ( Didn't know this was a company policy) as I am supposed to get one pair of safety shoes a year.
They balked as they were $38.00 over the allowance for safety shoes. Gladly paid the difference out of my pocket and will do the same this year, hopefully helping to keep Red Wings manufacturing this great product here.
I was so impressed with the boots that I picked up a pair of Red Wing gauntlet motorcycle gloves while I was at the store. Great gloves by the way.

Back