free website stats program Genuine HD parts?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Genuine HD parts??

As you may know, I'm re-doing my softail and taking off a lot of the aftermaket junk that was on it. That stuff looks good for a couple years, then it's trash. Right now looking for some fancy footpegs MADE IN AMERICA or genuine HD. Anyone have a link? Thanks, Doug

In the past I've usually had pretty good luck finding HD parts on ebay, and many times at a great price. When shopping ebay for such, it cuts down on S&H charges if you can find more than 1 item from a seller, thus getting 'combined' S&H charges. Good Luck!:newsmile018:

It's easy to find genuine HD parts. Chances of finding genuine HD parts made in America--pretty slim.

Pretty sad state of affairs isn't it? This Country can't go on like this forever....

Did find some real cool looking stuff on ebay I like and messaged the sellers "Where are these made"? Prolly not gonna like the answer....if I even get one.

I've found that the stuff made in China that has the Harley name on it is pretty good quality. They can make good stuff over there as long as someone is looking over their shoulders.

My 08 ultra is finally up on the jack til spring. Stripped all the painted body panels, sent to detail shop to have them buffed & polished. When taking tour pak apart, I pulled the light sockets & the bulb were a 1157 made in China?? Thru those in the garbage & will replace with made in North America. Now I have to change all the bulbs, would like to go with LED but I guess I need a load equalizer??

As you may know, I'm re-doing my softail and taking off a lot of the aftermaket junk that was on it. That stuff looks good for a couple years, then it's trash. Right now looking for some fancy footpegs MADE IN AMERICA or genuine HD. Anyone have a link? Thanks, Doug
Do you plan to remove only the Aftermarket parts not made in America or all the parts not made in America? If you're removing everything not made in America you'll have to remove a lot of HD parts as well. Just the nature of the market and free trade, sorry to say.

I always make a concerted effort to buy USA made parts etc. J&P Cycle is great for this, they have a filter for your searches that narrows to only made in the USA. The big catalog has old glory on the picture of the products that are made here. A+ to them for doing that.

Bodeen

It's easy to find genuine HD parts. Chances of finding genuine HD parts made in America--pretty slim.

I ordered a throttle body support bracket, not present on my '08 RG -- The aftermarket air cleaner I bought says it's required to have that bracket -- so I ordered one. I was glad to see the package specifies "Made in the United States" -- I get a little annoyed with "made in China" printed on things inside my fairing, etc. -- and lots of motorclothes -- which aren't priced like they're made in China. I guess buy stock and take the positive, eh?

Back