free website stats program Gen3 an K&N a/f | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen3 an K&N a/f

recharge

Order the gen3 from dobeck and k&n high flow a/f, just going to leave original exhaust on due to funds. Would I have to change the preset settings on gen3. 103 engine flhtk

With the stock pipes, you may have to back down the settings just a bit or it may be too rich.

I moved your post to the Dobeck section and they can give you the recommended changes with the stock mufflers.

Dobeck 1250ST After watching you tube and reading as much as I could, Thanks to Randy Lewis, The Boss and Dallas from Dobeck I have read along with my almost 8 year old Grand daughter the very easy to read and understand install. As Smitty always says even a cave man can do it, I am now a believer. The only tricky part on a Dyna install IMO would be the lack of room to work, so removing the tank was way easier. I did use a bit of Dilectric grease on all the connectors to insure a water tight connection and ease in disconnecting if needed. I ride in the rain here in Florida so I don't want any surprises. I used double back tape to secure the unit to my tank panel for a test ride to dial it in setting at Green 3, yellow 330 red 330 and RPM staying at 4. I have Cycleshack turn outs with a K N filter. Running the same roads for two weeks I saw a major cooling of the rear cylinder while my mileage did not appear to go down yet. After test riding I mounted the unit under the seat and have no regrets other than I wish I did this sooner. Next I am going to play with the stock air box and open it up a bit now that I can adjust this TFI like adjusting a carbed bike, Capital Jack:s

I have the 1250st and even though its not the gen 3 I run it with stage one suggested settings and it runs great. I am running HD stage 1 A/C and stock exhaust.

Thanks peeps, just doing 1000 mile checkup and waiting for gen3, I sure like the bundle information you get on this site and glad to be apart of it.

Does this recommendation also apply to the 1250ST?

IF it is running GREAT, Don't touch it BUT id you do???

I think they will tell you to turn the yellow back a 1/2 number and the same on the green pot...

I'd rather see you trim the green pot out by 1800 rpm and adjust to too much fuel than back-in to where it runs the smoothest and just a Tine bit more.. Good...

Then looking at the finished number please(post it here) and I'd bet it will be a 1/2 number less than the starting suggested setting from Dobecks..:D

My answer only.... wait for Dallas as His might see things differently..

signed....BUBBIE

Yes, it is the same for the 1250ST. Running a stock exhaust compared to an aftermarket exhaust is usually only 0:30 different on the Yellow and either 0:30 to 1:00 on the Red. The stock exhaust obviously takes a little less fuel because it's not flowing as much air. Like Bubbie mentioned, we always recommend to start a little higher and then back off the settings depending how well the bike is performing.

Just ordered my Gen3 today...(Thanks Dalles!!) and will be getting it Monday or so. I will be going from bone stock to a zippers Max-Flow (Thanks ctree!!) and for now stock exhaust but eventually to the ACE with open or midflow baffles (Love the stock look of the pipes). Not being a wrencher, I am looking forward to, and a little intimidated by this project. I am going to have fun learning though :bigsmiley11:. So If I understand what I have read on this thread, Stage 1 ac and stock exhaust...I will want my settings at G 3:30 Y 3:00 and R 3:00? Thanks.

Back