free website stats program Gen 3.5 Drop In Cruising Gas Mileage | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gen 3.5 Drop In Cruising Gas Mileage

Never used one myself but would say Pot #3 ("main fuel adjustment") needs to be turned back a bit. Especially with using the stock A/C. Sounds like your screaming rich at cruise range.

Just to add to this...

The pot #3 is for high speed fuel and unless you spend a lot of time above 4K, it isn't going to make a large difference in the MPG. The pots to make MPG differences in order of the importance is pot #2 and then pot #1

I seldom run it over 3k Glider. I'm like grandpa jones on this stud. I'm even amazed at my own transformation from my prior metric to this HD. I just cruise it now. Nice, laid back. Very nice lol

Hoop - just checked all the settings, and this is what I have on pot settings:

#1 - 2:15
#2 - OFF
#3 - ~2:15-2:30
#4 - 3:30

Sorry it took so long to jump back into this.

I've gotten my mileage back into the low 40's so I'm happy again.

I think the main thing that solved the problem was that I adjusted the #5 setting (yellow/blue = acceleration switch point) from 4 up to 5. This allowed me to do some easy accelerating without jumping from cruise mode to acceleration mode. In other words, I have to get on the throttle much harder to get it to transition into the accel mode.

I also lowered the #1 setting (green = cruise) from 3 1/2 down to 3.

So now my settings are as follows:

1 - Green - 3
2 - Yellow - 2
3 - Red - 2
4 - Green/Blue - 1/2
5 - Yellow/Blue - 5
6 - Red/Blue - 6

Thanks Doc -

Hoop - my bad on the mod# - I wasn't anticipating getting into a troubleshooting dialogue so didn't provide the exact model info.

But it's a FI- 1252ST.

If the moderators would like to move this into the proper topic section as a new topic, that'd be fine. If keeping it here is ok...that's fine too :)

But that's the model I have Hoople....thanks for assisting :)

but think I'll disconnect the ground wire 1st, run a check - and if the condition corrects itself, will reconnect ground

That is really the smart thing to do 1st. That will get you a solid baseline so you can compare. Right now you could have something like a weeping injector and never know it. Turning the pots "twice around" won't fix that.

Remove the ground. You should see a big uplift in mileage. If you don't, then address that issue first.

Your pot settings don't look that terrible. The #4 pot could be a little higher but I can't believe that is what is eating all the gas.

I would do the test first. That will get you a baseline.

Yep, sounds like a plan. Will report back with the results once I have something to report....appreciate the help.

Back