free website stats program Gas Mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Mileage

What is the average gas mileage on an 06 Dyna I am getting around 36 mpg I thought it should be closer to 50mpg.Harley installed Rush Slipons when I purchased the bike, they did the stage 1 and download. I installed Samson Ripsaw pipes last year would that make a difference? Any ideas?
Average speed and how fast you get to your average speed will have a lot to do with MPG. If you ride on the Freeway a lot and average speed over 70 MPH then that sounds about right. On slower Highways where you average 55-60 you'll probably get closer to 50 MPG

I certainly enjoy reading all the replies on gas mileage but few state if they are City or Highway mpg and leave it just as an "average". At least on my 09 Dyna, having 6 speeds the gas mileage is DRASTICALLY different from city to highway. My city mileage is made up of only the first 4 gears in most cases and Highway down here is 6th gear from when you get on, to when you get off.
My City mileage (4 gears stop & go) is right at 31 MPG running an open loop fuel map. I am sure I could make it higher running a stoichiometric A/F ratio.

2006 FLSTC/I stock 88 engine, V&H big shot longs exhaust,Arlen Ness big sucker stage 1 air, Power Commander III dnyo tune. I get in the mid 30's mpg in the winter comuting, because of the winter 10% corn liquor. in the summer I get mid 40's mpg. on July-Aug. road trip threw NV,UT,WY,MT,ID, going 75-85 mph and WA,OR,CA,going 55-65 mph I got 48 MPG, in 3097 miles with the bike loaded up for a 8 day road trip. I just down loaded a new PCM down load that gives me 49-50 mpg cruiseing around home in the foot hills at55-65 mph.

I have a 07 street bob, 96ci, and i get about 38 MPG with all highway... I havent did the math for intown stoplight to stoplight, i would imagine it would be 30 or somewhere in that range...

Ride on....:rider

03 Wideglide fxdwg. Vance and hines straight pipes, High Performance Carb kit and I average 36-40 doing 70mpg. about 10 miles after switching to reserve, I average about 3.45 gallons on the refill and 135-150 miles. One up or two tandem makes a difference. Mileage was better without the windshield and the pipes.

Just checked the 09 FLHX mpg's last nite @ 40 & I'm running Rinehart slips, Dobeck TFI w/LA Choppers breather. Like others indicate - mpg's are dependent on riding conditions so try taking a long cruise @ 55-60 mph & do a test. Cheers!

09 FXDC with Vance and Hines without any other mods and I am getting 32 city and around 44 highway. Amazing how the highway speeds compared to city speeds are so different. I think the city average it pretty good seeing that my travel time is less than 8 miles to work through a whole bunch of lights.

09 FXDC with Vance and Hines without any other mods and I am getting 32 city and around 44 highway. Amazing how the highway speeds compared to city speeds are so different. I think the city average it pretty good seeing that my travel time is less than 8 miles to work through a whole bunch of lights.

That sounds about right here too for city but on the hiway @ constant speed I can easy get 50 07 Streetbob with cycleshack turnouts modified by me with splitters K N air filter and S E plug wires

Back