free website stats program Gas Mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Mileage

Kjay

What is the average gas mileage on an 06 Dyna I am getting around 36 mpg I thought it should be closer to 50mpg.Harley installed Rush Slipons when I purchased the bike, they did the stage 1 and download. I installed Samson Ripsaw pipes last year would that make a difference? Any ideas?

I get 47-49 in the summer,35-37 in the winter,the fuel is not as good in the winter here in CA. I have a 2006 FLSTC/I with V&H big shot longs, Arlen Ness big sucker air filter. and a Power Commader III .

I have a 06 FXDCI (Dyna Super Glide Custom), Rush 2.25 slip ons, Power Commander III, Arlen Ness Big Sucker and ride 2-up most of the time carrying 350 pounds.
I get around 40mpg.
Don

I get around 35 mpg. T.C. 88, High Five intake, V&H pipes, XiEDs. Runs great. Fuel mileage is not a big concern. I use 91 octane gas. I can squeeze more on a trip on the freeway with steady throttle. I don't trust my fuel gauge and low fuel lamp, so I fuel up by my trip meter at 120 miles usually.
I am sure that the mileage was better when the bike was stock, but it runs great now and I like it. :)

What is the average gas mileage on an 06 Dyna I am getting around 36 mpg I thought it should be closer to 50mpg.Harley installed Rush Slipons when I purchased the bike, they did the stage 1 and download. I installed Samson Ripsaw pipes last year would that make a difference? Any ideas?

when your HD tech put the rush slips , stage 1 and did a remap (download) - that remap took it back to EPA lean standards. When you took the Rush slips off and installed the Ripsaws , did you remap again for that set-up? Have you added any fueler system to this scoot - TFI , Fuel-pac ... ???? What octane are you putting in her???

no I didn't do a remap Harley said I didn't need to do anything other than put on the pipes. I use the highest octane at the pump. I haven't added anything else at all.

On my 2007 Electra Glide Classic with stock aircleaner, just D&D slip-ons, I average around 43 MPG, the highest I got was 52 MPG, lowest 36 mpg....I run 93 octane, or the highest I can find when traveling (92,91) Haven't noticed any significant change while traveling 2-up, still get around 43:D...I noticed with my Heritage I had before this scoot, I got around 30 MPG (TC88, 5-speed with S.E. hi-flow, download, S.E. slip-ons) until it got around 10000 miles then it averaged around 39-40 MPG.... My EGC did the same thing, slowly got better gas mileage as the miles added up.........Just another excuse to ride:)

'06 FXDBI get between 40 & 52 mpg depending on how & where I ride. Has stage 1 with K&N filter, cycle shack slipons & download. Usually average high 40's.

My '99 Ultra TC88 has the roller chain conversion, Andrews 26N cams, TFI, V&H slip ons and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner and I average about 45 mpg using 91 octane. A lot of fuel mpg can be traced to your individual riding habits. If you are quick off the light, and rev through the gears a lot, your milage will more than likely suffer.

Back