free website stats program Gas can plastic filler tube in gas tank question! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas can plastic filler tube in gas tank question!

Thank you ALL for the recommendations. I'm MOST impressed that there was not a single sarcastic or critical comment made...

No my friend, you are with family here and are all about helping find solutions, not about creating other problems. Now that's not to say we won't occassionally rib each other when the occasion calls for it, but that wasn't the case here.

BTW, this was an excellent post, and great to follow, thank you for your great write-up and follow-up.

First off - Im just trying to be a wee bit funny here.

BUT - what if --- Hey guys I seem to have dropped the gas tube from my plastic gas can into my tank - any suggestions on how I might get it out?

Yeah - use grippers - use duct tape on a hanger - use a clothes hanger - use a mirror to see what you are doing - try bubble gum etc

Ok guys - I tried your suggestions and so far I have a gas can spout, PLUS a little mirror, a wad of duct tape and some bubble gum all down in the bottom of my tank - now what do I do? humm - I'd try using the ole remove the tank method and turn upside down and shake - that's how I get guitar picks out of my guitar anyway. :p

Oh my -- just laugh with me here. :D:D:D

Bill

Ok guys - I tried your suggestions and so far I have a gas can spout, PLUS a little mirror, a wad of duct tape and some bubble gum all down in the bottom of my tank - now what do I do? Bill[/QUOTE]

That would have been my luck!

Ok guys - I tried your suggestions and so far I have a gas can spout, PLUS a little mirror, a wad of duct tape and some bubble gum all down in the bottom of my tank - now what do I do? Bill

That would have been my luck![/QUOTE]

You really could have left it in there. They don't use plastics that disolve in gas on gas cans.
WAP.gif

Any of the techniques state before are worth a try. I would only caution, be careful of sparks! Steel on steel may produce one. On the bright side, you wouldn't be worried about that fuel spout then...:newsmile058:

Back