free website stats program GA State Parks - need advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

GA State Parks - need advice

Easy with a good map or a GPS - just takes 2 to 3 times as long!

Speaking of good maps, I recommend the Georgia Atlas and Gazetteer by Delorme (also avai. for many other states). It's a regular atlas size book of a state. Each page covers only 40miles X 30miles, you can really find some nice rides, and N. GA has some spectacular rides with little traffic.
Kmart used to carry them @ $17 ea. Mine is always with me.

Speaking of good maps, I recommend the Georgia Atlas and Gazetteer by Delorme (also avai. for many other states). It's a regular atlas size book of a state. Each page covers only 40miles X 30miles, you can really find some nice rides, and N. GA has some spectacular rides with little traffic.
Kmart used to carry them @ $17 ea. Mine is always with me.

If you're going to ride in north Georgia with any regularity, I also highly recommend getting this map:

Motorcycle Mountain Map, Great Roads, Lodging, Motorcycle Shops, Campgrounds.

It's not very expensive and covers all the great roads. I bought mine shortly after getting back into riding two years ago and I've been highlighting roads as I ride them. Ultimate goal is to have the entire map highlighted!

Thanks everyone.

I can't get the extra day off, thus only have 3 days and now I need to head south for a family event on the holiday. Oh well. I'll try again when I can get more time off and don't have other family items.

Ride safe and have fun.

One other thing, as I enjoyed my 55th birthday, I thought about one big advantage for those near retirement age...you have earned free admission to park at any National Park in the USA...just remember to pick it up before you go, and show it to the park ranger. :D

Back