free website stats program Fuel tank badge | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel tank badge

hi also am lookin to fit this 61-62 pan head emblem to my 2010 Roadie. This adapter you used ( i guess on your Glide) will fit my 2010 Roadie ? 61740-90T
Also read that dental floss get the old badge off. What did you use to clean off the ret of the glue ? Alchol ? I'm in England so we dont have your brand names over here. 'Goo off ' an such.need to find something that wont damage the paint and dont want to experiment lol

This all I used Fuel Tank Nameplate | Genuine Motor Accessories | Harley-Davidson USA

My tank had no badges on for it was a fresh vivid black police tank that was bare.

Mine was a police bike. When I got it from the auction it had no chrome and ugly dull white paint (so they could cover the police emblems). I repainted it myself with a cadillac pearl white. Then I inlaid these decals into the clear and then cleared over the whole thing. Turned out pretty good. I like different. Get alot of comments on it as it looks hand lettered.

Nice job! Looks great! I can see why you get a lot of comments on it! :s

calgarybikebum- how could you possibly destroy a birch white beautiful plain jane? my police bike will NEVER show a badge or emblem except the air cleaner ring and the badge on the tach. the '10 UC goes in on sunday for a custom emblem on the tank. found it in my late brother's belongings. will post when it comes home.
Ummmm believe me it was not a (beautiful) birch white plain jane. It was a horrible splash job that covered up the old crests from the police service. The bike was "well" used that's why I got it cheap at the auction. There is nothing left of the police lineage except the serial number , the tach and the frame. I have redone or replaced most everything else. To each their own I guess. :)
:D

understood. mine was lightly used 877 miles from the cops and well cared for by the second owner. i have tried to continue the care and add some chrome. its just the color is not seen very often and is unique is cop bikes. you do have an outstanding bike there, i must say.

Back