free website stats program Fuel tank badge | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel tank badge

Cookiemonster I like it, never seen that one before! Where did you get that from?

The only thing I don't like about my bike is the tank badge. I would change it out but I am afraid the way the pin stripping is it wouldn't look good. Not to mention how to you get it straight and even? LOL

I chose the badge after seeing it on a 2011 Harley SE convertible, which really is a glorified Fat Boy.

Mine was a police bike. When I got it from the auction it had no chrome and ugly dull white paint (so they could cover the police emblems). I repainted it myself with a cadillac pearl white. Then I inlaid these decals into the clear and then cleared over the whole thing. Turned out pretty good. I like different. Get alot of comments on it as it looks hand lettered.

looking for something like this for my softail

Hey 66cruiser...what dash is on your bike? That is EXACTLY what I am looking for.
It's an '04 Low Rider Console.
DSCN1890.jpg

Thanks...I Peeked and looked in your profile, and read what you did. Any problems with it?I definitely like that paint.

BRIAN

Nice one. I spent a lot of time searching the internet for tank emblems, but in the end, I liked what I already had the best.

This is from the 2011 Road King Peace Officer Special Edition.

df018.jpg at Free Image Hosting

The stock Road King is a decal instead of a solid aluminum emblem.

I like your choice, A LOT! I'm a little concerned about the foam sticky tape and how well/long it will stick. Any input, or, observations?

Don't worry about the sticky tape coming off and losing the plate. You'll have to drop the bike and scrape the tank to knock it off, not that I want that to happen. Check with Howo how many pieces of dental floss he used to saw off the old plate. I had to remove a broken plastic reflector on my trike fender which is held on the same way. It took at least 5 separate pieces of floss to saw it off. If you have a clean and oil free surface on which it's applied it ain't going anywhere.

Great job cookiemonster - I like the new badge. There have been a few posts on tank emblems...can you give us a rundown on how you applied these to the tank & kept everything aligned..?? Yours looks like factory so need to relay the secret...

Back