free website stats program Fuel Spill Fun | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Spill Fun

I got one a while back and was waiting for the fuel tank to go down some before I put it on so I wont have to drain as much. Now I'm having second thoughts.. It sounds like the connection is not very good.

Wow...I bet the driveway got a good scrub too. Glad there wasn't any spark source nearby - could've turned a nice bike wash into Inferno bike...;)

I had the return hose come off while riding down the road smelled something and pulled in to fill with gas and gas was all over the bike lucky no fire. It was a kawasaki nomad had been in the shop got back rode 300 miles shop broke the hose clamp.

Functioning always looks cooler than shiny chrome leaker!

I don't know for sure, but maybe the fluted end on the crossover nipples have to be cut off for the preasure fitting to work properly. Either way, you can't really see the line anyway so why bother. My lesson learned - if its not broke why change it.

Was just outside washing the bike. I had recently put on a braided stainless pressure-fitting style cross over. "Seemed" to be on right. No leaks, felt snugg. I've got a couple hundred miles on it since then... so, Here I am washing it. The slightest little bump with a scrub brush and off it came. Full tank of gas all over the driveway while I scrambled to try to get it back on. I think its a peice of junk and tossed it in the free parts pile. Went back to the OEM rubber hose with hose clamps. Can't hardly see the thing way under there anyway.

What fries me is that I fall for these things... looks cool, sounds cool, $35!!! Doesn't work...

On a possitive note, thank god it happened in the driveway and not while I was on a ride 40 miles from a tool or a gas station!

Wow, that could have been a long walk. Good post though, have contemplated this myself.

Back