free website stats program Fuel Spill Fun | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Spill Fun

Was just outside washing the bike. I had recently put on a braided stainless pressure-fitting style cross over. "Seemed" to be on right. No leaks, felt snugg. I've got a couple hundred miles on it since then... so, Here I am washing it. The slightest little bump with a scrub brush and off it came. Full tank of gas all over the driveway while I scrambled to try to get it back on. I think its a peice of junk and tossed it in the free parts pile. Went back to the OEM rubber hose with hose clamps. Can't hardly see the thing way under there anyway.

What fries me is that I fall for these things... looks cool, sounds cool, $35!!! Doesn't work...

On a possitive note, thank god it happened in the driveway and not while I was on a ride 40 miles from a tool or a gas station!

Like I say all the time if you care for your bike it will take care of you. They always seem to break down in the driveway, because they do want you to be stranded somewhere...

I think most of us have a bucket full of things that seemd to be a good idea at the time and just didnt work out
But i am sure most of your purchases are good ones

Brian

See.... I told you Bull Dog you would still be tinkering with her!!
Glad you got it straight at home.
John

I know you have made at least one good purchase, You're riding a Harley! :s

"If you help people be poor we will have a lot of poor people."

I have one of those braided lines on the gas tank. So far no problems. I also have a set for the oil lines but since they are working fine I'm reluctant to put them on and create a problem where there wasn't any. Glad you found it at home and outside - Bob

i bought one to and it leaked but you can get stainless steel braiding you can put over the stock fuel line or a new rubber line

On a possitive note, thank god it happened in the driveway and not while I was on a ride 40 miles from a tool or a gas station!

Or worse yet, while you were riding and the motor was HOT:newsmile03:........Could always be worse.

Back