free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 19 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

Do you think I should put one of these on my new scoot??? Might wait till the spring, when I put on a new exhaust system. Have to get rid of the cats and make it louder. It's way too quiet. I wonder if Gen4 will void the warranty. I was at the dealership yesterday talking to them about my 1,000 mile service and what oil they recommend. They said Syn3 in all 3 holes. I told them I like Mobil1 V-Twin 20-50 and thats what I used in my Heritage. They said if there is a problem with the motor later on, Harley could void the warranty because Mobil1 is not a "Harley approved product".

Get the HD OWNER of that shop and ASK him to put that in writting.....

BIG TROUBLE for them.....

As long as your oil meets the same requirements as HD's SUGGESTED oil... No problem. (most brands = meet or EXCEED the HD requirements) Says so on the bottle...

I'd watch that HD dealer as they are CROOKS and I'd TELL them so..

Read in your book that came with the bike, under lubercants...IT says oil Meeting the SAME requirements can be used....

I'd make a big issue of this, andf GO RIGHT to the owner ASKING IF He knows they LIED to you.

You'll see How Fast they back down from such a statement.

You can use the Dobeck fueler without having problems with your warranty...

What can the fueler damage "more" than the SE or the other ones HD sell and Install on the bike?

I'd put it on and CHANGE dealiers. Telling the next shop WHY you left the other...IF they tell you the same go to the HD customer support and get them involved....... Any lube you want to use that ='s or EXCEEDS HD's requirements/specifications can be used.

signed....BUBBIE

Get the HD OWNER of that shop and ASK him to put that in writting.....

BIG TROUBLE for them.....

As long as your oil meets the same requirements as HD's SUGGESTED oil... No problem. (most brands = meet or EXCEED the HD requirements) Says so on the bottle...

I'd watch that HD dealer as they are CROOKS and I'd TELL them so..

Read in your book that came with the bike, under lubercants...IT says oil Meeting the SAME requirements can be used....

I'd make a big issue of this, andf GO RIGHT to the owner ASKING IF He knows they LIED to you.

You'll see How Fast they back down from such a statement.

You can use the Dobeck fueler without having problems with your warranty...

What can the fueler damage "more" than the SE or the other ones HD sell and Install on the bike?

I'd put it on and CHANGE dealiers. Telling the next shop WHY you left the other...IF they tell you the same go to the HD customer support and get them involved....... Any lube you want to use that ='s or EXCEEDS HD's requirements/specifications can be used.

signed....BUBBIE

Thats kinda what I figured, but didn't feel like getting into an argument with them over it. They won't be doing my 1,000 mile service, mostly because they are 120 miles from home. There are much closer ones here. I just rode down there yesterday because I forgot to get my 2 free T-shirts when I bought the bike and it was such a nice day I figured I needed to put some miles on her. I'll probably do all the fluid changes myself after the 1,000 mile service and go back to the Mobil1. I don't know how they would know what oil I used anyway. What exhaust would you recommend for my bike? I want something with good performance, no cats, and much louder than the stock. Not straight pipe loud, but I want the cages to hear me if they can't see me :D. How tricky is it to install the Gen4? Thanks for all your advice to me and everyone else on this forum. We all appreciate your valuable knowledge. :worthy

2010 FLHTCU 28,688mi Rush Slip on's TFI SE Air Cleaner AVG 42mpg :)
Best 51mpg Worst 39mpg I use 92 Octane in Hot Weather 89 any other time.

'01 Road King I bought in Feb '15 that had 6915 miles, I'm the 3rd owner. It had a hesitation at first, ran 2 tank full of 91 octane NO Ethanol gas with Amsoil PI. At a 7300 miles I checked the milage, I got 44mpg.

I have a 2013 electra glide ultra limited with a stage 1 racing tuner installed by HD, v&h big shot pipes, k&n (clean) air filter. Was getting upper 30's most all riding. After racing tuner, upper 20's!!!!!! HD put on dyno and said nothing wrong. Any help?
Thanks

Find a better tuner, Harley dyno techs don't have a clue on how to tune a bike.
There's no reason you shouldn't be in the 40's mpg.

Back