free website stats program Fuel Mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mileage

07 Ultra get about 35mph. This is with Rineharts true duals and stage 1 with the Dobeck Gen 3. Not the best and less than expected.

turnerbend,

Simply RE adjusting here and there Should bring it up... 40/44 should be what it may give you.I think you are too fat on the settings for a stage one 07 bike.

Call Dobecks and ask for Chris and He will help you to get the fuel mileage up to where I just said it could be.

The bike engine you have should not have a problem getting 40ish+ with the kind of mods you have. Basic stage one.

406 388 2377 this is the number I've used to get Dobecks...

Yes you can say BUBBIE sent you:D

Man, On my gen4, I've been running him overtime..

Good man that Chris is.. Tell him I said that also:lolrolling.

signed....BUBBIE

Two weeks back I posted on this subject, "need help with mileage", I took Hooples advise and removed the PCIII, mileage went from 25 to 40mpg.
I have since put the stock AC back and got 42+ riding 2 up this past weekend, go figure!
I thought with the SE AC it would be better.
I left the true duals and SE slipons on.

I have a 07 Ultra with a 103, 255 cams, SE cleaner, Vance & Hines Slip ons and get between 32 and 40 depending on the right wrist. I generally get right around 35 mpg.

Two weeks back I posted on this subject, "need help with mileage", I took Hooples advise and removed the PCIII, mileage went from 25 to 40mpg.
I have since put the stock AC back and got 42+ riding 2 up this past weekend, go figure!
I thought with the SE AC it would be better.
I left the true duals and SE slipons on.

Your getting better gas mileage because, running stock, your bike is running lean. IMO lean means too hot. Even when my bike was stock, I installed a set of Xieds to richen the mixture. You might want to look at these..there a simple, easy way to slightly richen up your AFR.

Nightrider.com Performance Parts

Your getting better gas mileage because, running stock, your bike is running lean. IMO lean means too hot. Even when my bike was stock, I installed a set of Xieds to richen the mixture. You might want to look at these..there a simple, easy way to slightly richen up your AFR.

Nightrider.com Performance Parts

The Xieds are not applicable to my 2006 FLHTCI, just checked the web site.
Thanks for the info though.
The true duals help alot with heat disbursement.

01 rk,

You Might think on the simple to install/adjust TFI from Dobecks.

You get a very Good discount being a member here on HDT.
50$ off and Free shipping.

Other discounts May apply. Check it out.:D

signed....BUBBIE

01 rk,

You Might think on the simple to install/adjust TFI from Dobecks.

You get a very Good discount being a member here on HDT.
50$ off and Free shipping.

Other discounts May apply. Check it out.:D

signed....BUBBIE

Yeah, I'm saving up now to get one it may take a couple months.

2001 Heritage - stage one - on Interstate crusing all day at ~70 mph, I always get right at 45-46 mpg. Slower and around town for short trips I have gotten up to 50 regularly.

Bill

Back