free website stats program Fuel Mileage | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mileage

Depends on how you ride and what, if any, engine modifications you have made. My '86FLHTC with an S&S Super E carb, Andrews cam, and Screamin' Eagle slip on mufflers used to average about 36mpg. My '07FLHTCU with a Screamin' Eagle breather and Rhinehart True Duals, averages right at 40mpg. My sons' '05 Super Glide regularly got 48-50mpg.

My 09 Ultra (96ci) with Slip-Ons gets 40/US Gal. A lot of it is HWY speed and some of that is at +70 MPH.

07 Ultra get about 35mph. This is with Rineharts true duals and stage 1 with the Dobeck Gen 3. Not the best and less than expected.

07 Ultra get about 35mph. This is with Rineharts true duals and stage 1 with the Dobeck Gen 3. Not the best and less than expected.
This is exactly what I have and I get similar mileage. Another way that I look at it is I can fill my bike up with gas and ride about 180 miles before the fuel light comes on. So, a 5 gal. gas tank going roughly 180 miles is 37 mpg.. 180 divided by 5 = 37. One day I'd like to see how far I can ride before I actually run out of gas but like others have said, it depends on how you ride, wind conditions, fuel. etc. and I really don't want the hassle of running out of gas. :)

Since I switched from the TFI to the Gen4 I can dial my touring mileage in so that I am running 200-230 miles per tank depending on conditions.
If I ride solo I don't check mileage,twist the right hand too much for that.

Back