free website stats program Fuel Mileage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Mileage

I get 34 around town on my stage 1 carbed RK. Dont matter what I do to it. It is what it is. Ride it!

Bodeen

Nice thing is , your not running to lean burning up the motor..

If ya was getting alot better mileage before consider it a fluke.

Agreed, ride it , all is normal..:drunk

I guess the thing is I used to get better mileage, but this year it droped off.
Maybe the gas isn't as good as to use to be. More ethanol?

You may want to see if you have any historical codes. Something like a P0117, P0118, P0107, P0108 etc would really kill the fuel mileage. E10 is good for about 10% reduced mileage vs non-ethanol..

You may want to see if you have any historical codes. Something like a P0117, P0118, P0107, P0108 etc would really kill the fuel mileage. E10 is good for about 10% reduced mileage vs non-ethanol..

See I learned sommin too, didnt know H-D's had a history code storage, those are extremely helpfull....

If thats the case, when it happens , try to keep making it happen as much as possible, it will set a code then.

2010 FatBoy, stock AC, Vance&Hines slip-ons with home made baffles and NightRider 14.0 Xieds, 48-50 mpg. I ride easy, mostly 5th gear 55-60 MPH. Oil temp never gets over 230. Plugs are a nice light tan.
wilks3

My 05 softail fuel injected usually runs 34 around town and short trips but took it on first real ride this weekend and got 46mpg with old land on the back. I was really happy with that. it's pretty much stock with some s&s slip on mufflers.

Today I took the Boss out for a ride. Before we took off I filled up with shell gas. After putting around 168 miles I thought I would fill up again. I averaged about 46.5 mpg. I think the quality of gas does make a differance.:D

Back