free website stats program fuel leak on keihin cv carb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

fuel leak on keihin cv carb

CV Performance makes the Brass replacement for your Carb $16.95 and a good way to remove the old plastic one! LQQK @ there other parts too! I upgraded my buddys CV with a few great parts from them on his Sporty and it Runs great!

They also say to upgrade your fuel line to 5/16 for better fuel flow....
In fact after seeing how good his bike ran Im going to swap oy my E Short S&S for a 40 or 44 MM CV Carb on my 59 Panhead!

I ride in different altitudes and I think the CV will be a good upgrade and easy adjustment when I go from 5,000 to 12,000 feet

I ended up with a 1/4 " fuel line ( which , by the way, is the suggested size in the parts manual) and installed the new part # from harley ( all brass ). Put around 60 miles on it today and no leaks. I've been a wannabe mechanic for years and it was very gratifying to complete this fix myself. I intend to do as much of my own maintenance as I can but it's nice to know that I have a experienced tech as backup. My backup is a fellow church member "freedombikerchurch" in Fayetteville, NC, and has been wrenching on bikes for 20+ years. First thing he said when he saw it was " I won't it" Thats not mispelled, remember I'm in NC. LOL I still have many changes to make so it fits me, but that will come. Again, thanks for all your input and support.

Good deal Murf, your on your way, first "Riding", then "Reading after Riding" to "Wrenching after Reading" and finally "Successful Mechanic after Wrenching" not a bad cycle hmmm?:D

Back