free website stats program Fuel Injection Quick Release | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Injection Quick Release

Hey guys, I had this problem with my 2007 sporty. After doing some research I called a local shop and they let me in on a little secret..

There are 3 o rings in the system. one way up in the quick connect fitting, one in the fuel line, and one in a groove in the lower part of the quick connect fitting. That last one is the one that causes the issues. You most likely won't have to replace the other ones - they rarely fail.

Harley will want you to buy a whole new quick connect fitting - don't listen to them! Just go to the parts counter and ask for part number 11105. It's a drain plug o ring of some sort, but its bang on what you need for the quick connect fitting. It worked first try no drips not even one! And I had tried several o-rings from my general set at home, none worked. Total cost of my repair was 6 dollars because I bought 3 of them to keep around my garage.

Super happy with the repair. Spread the word!

Don’t forget: a nice smear with rubber grease on the Q-D o rings works wonders with helping sealing and making/breaking the connections without tearing the o rings.

Don’t forget: a nice smear with rubber grease on the Q-D o rings works wonders with helping sealing and making/breaking the connections without tearing the o rings.

Thanks for the tip! I'm betting this would definitely help with the unfortunate but regular "one time use" situation with the o ring. Seems like it often tears ever so slightly when disconnecting the fuel line. I put my 11105 in dry and it seems to have worked, but I will do this next time. thanks.

Back