free website stats program Fuel Injection problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Injection problems

I took out the fuel pack and retested and got a different code. This time it said rear injector open, low efi. I got down to swapping the injectors around and am waiting on a new o-ring to re-install the fuel line into the injectors. Hopefully that will tell something. Making progress and also making my garage and house smell like gas which is a small sacrifice.

I got everything put back together and switched the injectors out and still have the same problem, which tells me that it has to be electrical. I just don't know what to do next. Maybe just bite the bullet and take it to the shop.

Have you tried swapping the plugs or testing the plug wires or the connections on the plugs where the wires snap on to and see if the tips are tight?

Possible Rear Injector pigtail lead has internal fracture.
+1

You can get an inexpensive multimeter from Radio Shack. You just need a schematic for your model and year. Get some 20Ga stranded wire, and make some jumpers. You slip one jumper into ECM connector terminal for a particular wire, and clip one meter lead to that, and slip another jumper into the injector connector terminal, and clip teh other meter lead to that. Then measure on a low resistance meter range. it helps if your meter has a beep function. Then you wiggle the wires around and see what the meter readings do. For the high side of the injector, you will need to tie to an appropriate injector supply voltage line, instead of an ECM connector pin.

It would help if you removed the tank, making it easier to access things. The most painful part is having to drain the tank, unless you have crossover line quick-disconnects. These seal automatically, like the one in the back. Ican point you to a source if interested...well worth the investment.

Don't worry. Having an indicative code, your are already most of the way there.

Back