free website stats program Fuel Injection problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Injection problems

ladge99

I ride an '06 Streetbob with a stage 1 upgrade and recently have had a problem with my rear cylinder. I have plenty of spark, but no fuel getting to the rear cylinder. I am not sure if this is a problem with the aftermarket fuelpak or a clogged injector. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would rather not take it to the dealer as I am trying to learn how to work on my ride as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

I ran the diagnostic test, cleared the code and ran it again. BTWIt came back with the same code both times. P1356 Rear Cylinder No Combustion EFI. It then flashed Pn32384-06. What does that mean and what might the next step be? BTW you guys are lifesavers for a new guy to this forum.

It then flashed Pn32384-06. What does that mean

The Pn32384-06 is the part number of the device that sent the diagnostic trouble code so that is nothing to worry about. You may want to spray and check for intake leaks as Glider suggested. The P1356 is saying the coil did not sense any combustion feedback information due to either no injector shot or a very lean mixture (air leak).

If you find no intake leaks, and since the injectors are now really being triggered by the Fuel Pac (and not directly by the ECM), I would eliminate that part of the puzzle. The fuel pack needs to be unplugged and the ECM wiring harness connector needs to be directly plugged into the ECM. (restore to factory config) You want to trigger the injector directly by the Factory ECM.

Now clear any error code, run the bike and see what the outcome is. If the bike runs well, you know there is a problem within the fuel pac. If the same code appears you could now either swap injectors (front to rear & rear to front) to see if the code now changes from P1356 to P1353 which would prove the injector is dead,,,,or just leave the front injector alone and install a new rear injector and see where it takes you. Injectors are not crazy expensive ($50).

Based on what you have said (good spark, only code is P1356, Fuel Pac installed, test for intake leak) my guess would be a bad Fuel Pac or rear injector.

Remember that once you remove the Fuel Pac, other new error codes may now appear. That can happen because at this moment the ECM is isolated from several sensors and the Fuel Pac may not pass information onto the ECM like it should. Don't panic if you see new error codes. It's no big deal.

You have been a huge help Hoople. I will be working on taking the fuel pack out of the equation tonight and go from there. You guys just prove once again that bikers are the best group of people I have ever hung around, because you helped out a dude you don't even know. Thanks again.

In the original post, Ladge mentioned bike has stage1 upgrade, then mentioned aftermarket fuelpack. I looked up pn 32384-06 that shows on his diagnostic flash. #32384-06 appears to be the HD stage 1 ecm download.
I don't know if this will have any affect/effect on the problem. I'm just giving Hoople more data for his diagnostics. :bigsmiley11:

I looked up pn 32384-06 that shows on his diagnostic flash. #32384-06 appears to be the HD stage 1 ecm download.

Breeze, that's Very interesting. I entered that part number but came up with a blank. I know the part number is ECM related, but how did you discover it was a Stage 1 download vs a Stock Factory firmware download?

Back