free website stats program Frontend tracking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frontend tracking

I've had a similar thing with my 06 Heritage...turns out it was just the bars being a bit cocked due to uneven tightening of the handlebar clamp. Tighten the bottom two first, then the top, and you'll likely see the bars straighten out. I found that by turning the wheel all the way to the left and twisting the bars slightly to the left while tightening them, I got rid of the slight cocking to the right. Costs nothing to try.

It was the rear wheel.Had a back tire put on in Mobile AL acouple of weeks ago while on a trip rained on us every day! so I guess I didn't notice that it had gotten worse(Had been off a little sense I boughtt it 2rs. and 3rear tires ago).When they put the wheel back on didn't put the ajusting bolt in the cam cutout,put it back in rode a few miles made another slight adjustment...50 mi @ up to 95mph no problem can even take my hand off the handlebars now.Thanks again!:D

It was the rear wheel.Had a back tire put on in Mobile AL acouple of weeks ago while on a trip rained on us every day! so I guess I didn't notice that it had gotten worse(Had been off a little sense I boughtt it 2rs. and 3rear tires ago).When they put the wheel back on didn't put the ajusting bolt in the cam cutout,put it back in rode a few miles made another slight adjustment...50 mi @ up to 95mph no problem can even take my hand off the handlebars now.Thanks again!:D

If it helped, don't forget to click on the Judge Judy scales of justice for me. It offsets the hate mail I get.:D

I had what you are talking about on a 07 Road King. It was the handlebars risers out of line. Took it all apart, and fooled with the tightening of the handlebar clamps a couple of times. I finally had to loosen the risers, give a good jerk on the handlebars, and retorque the riser bolts. That moved them just enough to straighten the bars. :)

Thorns

I had what you are talking about on a 07 Road King.
Thorns

Your BARS were cocked to the side while going straight down the road.

His FORK was cocked to the side while riding straight down the road.

Big difference.

Hoople is right it was my forks I had put on some new 1 1/4 ape's in the winter lining up the bars with the tripletree was not the problem.It was some realy good advice..someone else will need it soon.The rear tire was put on at an HD dealership , just because you pay pro price does not mean you get pro results.Ithink I'll change my own tires from now on!!!!! When in doubt ride a little farther

Wifes 08 Fatboy was the same way. I put pullback risers on for her. While there, I replaced the bushings with the upgraded ones and solved the problem.

Back