free website stats program Front & Rear Tires for 2009 Ultra Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front & Rear Tires for 2009 Ultra Classic

not sure "sticky rubber" and a big tourer like the Ultra should even be said in the same sentence :) . On this bike (vs some of the sport and sport touring bikes I have had) I want decent grip but excellent long mileage (and load handling). On my other bikes I would have opted for decent mileage and excellent grip...fit the tire to the purpose.

Agree on that. Being new to the Ultra and comparing it to my old metric cruiser, night and day difference between the two as far as handling. Performance handling tires, softer rubber compound, something I will no longer concern myself with on this Ultra. Give me the HD spec'd Dunlops and I'll cruise and get my 15k-20k life out of these tires. The aggressive riding on my old bike hitting the twisties, yes give me road gripping tires and I'll swap em out every 10-12k miles. Agree with fitting the tire to the purpose.

I put new Dunlop Elite 3s on my RKC this summer and can recommend these for touring bikes. They grip the road very well, wet or dry. The bike feels stable even over bridges and railrod tracks. Of course, I can't speak to how long they'll last, but I expect to get as many miles as with any other brand.
Hope this info is helpful.

I guess I'm different as I have over 24K on my stock tires. Back tire still not down to the wear bar. But getting real close to changing. I have been looking at the Dunlop American Elite 180/65B16 Rear tire. Best price is $164.99 free shipping, but its a black wall only. Don't know if its a better tire or not, but its a replacement for the rear. Just my 2cents

Back