free website stats program Front fork air baffle ???? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Front fork air baffle ????

Makes no sense to me removing it in hot weather. I ride in 70+ weather all year and found that it actually increases the amount of air coming down onto the top of the cylinder heads. It doesn't block air from coming up but acts more like a aerodynamic surface pulling the air down towards the top of the engine. If you hold your hand just behind it you can actually feel the air being redirected down. Have done this a few times while riding after reading on forums about it blocking air to the engine.

I noticed my 09 did not have one, so i put one on, my 93 has one, I ride in cold weather 20deg i also put on fork baffles attach to each side of downtubes. I was getting a air blast comming up both sides of tank up front hitting me in face, that fixed that.

I added the center baffle on my 09 SG trying to reduce the wind coming up and lifting my glasses. That helped, but the lower bat wing deflectors helped more. What are the fork baffles?

I added the center baffle on my 09 SG trying to reduce the wind coming up and lifting my glasses. That helped, but the lower bat wing deflectors helped more. What are the fork baffles?

The side chrome pieces that attach to the 2 bolts 1 on top tree 1 bottom tree on side, these bolts also hold on the spot lite bracket

Thanks Ultrat - I have the center baffle, but didn't know there were additional baffels available.

I would say it's needed more in the hot weaqther than the cold to redirect the oncoming air onto the engine.

Back