free website stats program Frogg Toggs Rain Suit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Frogg Toggs Rain Suit

I bought the frogg toggs heat patch for my wife's riding trousers after she had melted a wee hole in them but a patch from an ironing board cover would have been the better price option

Brian

I have had a set of frogg toggs for a few years. I probably used them a half dozen times.

I have not had any problems. My pants have a heat resistant pad sewed into the leg.

I picked up a couple new rain suits for me and the wife. They are the Frogg Toggs Road Toad suit, advertised as a motorcycle rain suit. Got them from Sportsmansguide.com for around $55 each.

I got to try my suit out last Saturday. It's a light weight suit, and packs very nicely. The fit was great, and it kept me dry in a light rain/mist/fog for about 2 hours.

The trouble came when I pulled off the highway for a quick break. I did not notice till it was too late, but when I put my feet down, the right pant leg got a little too close to the pipes. I was getting ready to hop back on the bike when I noticed a huge black mark on the pipe. It was then I glanced down at my pant leg and saw my blue jeans through a new burned hole in the rain suit. :small3d031: See photo below...

$55 for a disposable suit is a little much! Fortunately, Sportsmansguide has a 100% satisfaction guarantee... My suit, along with the wife's unopened suit are on their way back.

I'll keep using my 6 year old HD suit with the broken zippers on the pockets... don't use those pockets for anything anyway! And, I got another new HD rain suit for the wife.

Oven cleaner will take to stuff off the pipes.

Back