free website stats program Found a blemish | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Found a blemish

I agree with Glider, bring it to the attention of the dealer asap. In my experience, it never hurts to speak to someone at the dealership that has some authority to get things done.

If it can be treated as a Warranty Item by the dealer, then the dealer is not necessarily out of pocket which also makes a difference.

Good Luck!!

I also have the Light/Dark Root Beer Ultra and had some paint issues. On mine the front fender has a ripple under the triple tree. You can feel it and see it but no marks on the paint. Fender ordered under warranty. The fairing also has these little foggy areas about the size of a quarter but you have to be in perfect light to see them. They never seem to be able to see those so no fairing as of yet. I also had to sign a form when I picked mine up. But in poor light in the shop, you just can't see everything. I found several scratches and a chip the next day that they wouldn't do anything about.

I also have the Light/Dark Root Beer Ultra and had some paint issues. On mine the front fender has a ripple under the triple tree. You can feel it and see it but no marks on the paint. Fender ordered under warranty. The fairing also has these little foggy areas about the size of a quarter but you have to be in perfect light to see them. They never seem to be able to see those so no fairing as of yet. I also had to sign a form when I picked mine up. But in poor light in the shop, you just can't see everything. I found several scratches and a chip the next day that they wouldn't do anything about.

Well that stinks.
I've gone over mine a few times since getting it Friday and the mark on the tank is the only thing I've seen so far. The weather's supposed to turn iffy the next several days, so I'm not sure when I'll make it back over to where I bought it, but it will be on a sunny day and as soon as I can.

Brake fluid is one of the best paint removers and plastic melters there are:(

That's pretty good service, Dan. I still haven't made it back to my dealer yet, but I'm starting to feel like there won't be any problems with him taking care of it now.

Back