Votes: 155 65.1%
  • Bel Ray

Votes: 39 16.4%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 40 16.8%

• Total voters
When I first purchased my 04 sporty and rode it I noticed that I had some excessive vibration from the front end especially when high speed turning. I asked a bro about this and his answer was to change the fork oil to the higher visc. used for track and off road. He explained that with me weighnig 3oo pounds this sort of overloaded the forks. He was right. After I changed the oil, the excessive vibration ended and the bike handles better. Of course he always reminds me that I am way too big for my sporty but I love the bike!

I use amsoil medium(10 wt) theres a guy by me that rebuilds shocks and has a shock dyno, he tested a bunch of brands and said amsoil was the best he could find, that why I used it, feels much better,JMO.:s

Bel Ray 7.5W, wanted just a bit stiffer, to prevent bottoming when riding two up (already upgraded to Progressive springs rate but lowered 1.5" from stock). Works great...!:D

I will use The HD oil when the time comes. I don't see a need to deviate from the service manual :)other than price.

I use hydraulic oil in all my bikes forks. the conversion for viscosity rating puts it between 15 and 20 wt. been using it for years and never a problem.

Back