free website stats program fork bags and wind buffetting | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

fork bags and wind buffetting

I bought the Jacks Flaps vest after watching his video and reading input on forum.
Does exactly what Jack says it does. Its like riding a different bike. Would highly recommend.
wilks3

I bought the Jacks Flaps vest after watching his video and reading input on forum.
Does exactly what Jack says it does. Its like riding a different bike. Would highly recommend.
wilks3

I'm planning on trying the Jacks Flaps too. If I remember right about 90 bucks.

The fork bag and the Harley detachable mounted as high as it will go, so I can just see over it if I sit up, takes care of most of the buffetin. I want more still though.

Jacks Flaps will be my next try.

Jimmy

I have a 07 superglide with a detachable windshield and the buffeting above 105 kph drove me crazy. Summer of 08 I took a trip to Nevada Utah and Arizona I had too much luggage so I bought a tank bag (magnetic base and installed a felt between the bag and tank so it wouldn,t scatch the paint) Guess what? NO MORE BUFFETING!!! I think it must deflect the wind from below the windshield and over the top of my legs. Anyways it works for me and I don't go anywhere without my tankbag!!

OneWay, welcome to the HDTimeline forum. Like you I have had very good results with a tank bag on my sportbikes. With a very small fairing up front, the tank bag made leaning in the wind and changing the airflow behind the screen, did reduce buffetting. :s

Never really thought about strapping one on my Harley, but then it really could not hurt. :a

I'm planning on trying the Jacks Flaps too. If I remember right about 90 bucks.

The fork bag and the Harley detachable mounted as high as it will go, so I can just see over it if I sit up, takes care of most of the buffetin. I want more still though.

Jacks Flaps will be my next try.

Jimmy
If you get a Jack's Flaps vest and it doesn't work, for any reason, you can just send it back for a full refund.

Fork bag made no difference for me. Tried the Memphis Shades lowers, sold 'em...I find that if I extend my legs straight out along the sides of the tank the buffeting is gone. Sure does look stupid though....The tank bag theory is interesting, may try that. Also wondering about drilling holes in the shield, I've read some about that.

Back