free website stats program Foods You Will Not Eat | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Foods You Will Not Eat

For me, it's "funny vegetables". The really "funny" thing about it is that when people ask what are funny vegetables, there is so much agreement on what should be on the list.
For me, it's things like brussel sprouts, cauliflower, squash, broccoli, and similar things. A note on broccoli...ok with lots of cheese sauce!

Peas.... won't do it, can't make me! Ever since I was a kid. I've eaten nearly everything out there and never have issue w/trying something new or strange, just keep those peas away from me.

Peas.... won't do it, can't make me! Ever since I was a kid. I've eaten nearly everything out there and never have issue w/trying something new or strange, just keep those peas away from me.

Not to hijack the thread, but thought this might interest someone.
My parrot loves peas! Any kind of preparation, although he likes the uncooked the best. If we're eating peas at dinner, he shrieks until he gets some. Then he takes the pea in his beak and rolls it around once, separating the pea from its thin covering, which he lets drop on the floor. I have no idea how he manages that, but he does. He also loves snap peas in the pod. He opens the pod and picks out each pea, one at a time, holding the pod in one claw. It's fascinating to watch him eat.

If it's not available at Albertson's or Costco I'm not eating it!!!!!

Ride safe

twoup

I got to talking about this with the guys I eat lunch with at work. One of the guys said SPAM turned his stomach so I fried some last night and had SPAM sandwiches for lunch. It was great. You should have seen his face.

About the only thing I don't like is asparagus. Other than that I'll eat just about anything. Funny thing though my daughter can't eat lima beans. Not just doesn't like them, they make her gag and she can't even get them down. Her great grandmother was the same way, but she died when I was young so my daughter never knew about her, just odd.

Beets liver Long john silvers arbys

Beets, reminds me of a story I was told about one of my Americade buddies. When they were in one of the Dutch stores in PA they were looking at some spiced apples. Small, red in a sugar, cinnamon red red colored liquid. Right next to some pickled beets, which looked almost identical. Well he grabbed what he thought was a sample of the apples (he didn't like beets anyway) and I wish I had been there to see the expression on his face as he tried to decide if it would be better to spit or swallow. :small3d031:

I agree with you about Long John Silvers and Arbys.
Arbys, can you say mystery meat? Can anyone from Mass remember the Kelly's Roast Beef on Revere Beach. I haven't been there in 20 years so I don't know if they have gone PC and overcook the beef but back in the day the blood would run across the floor it was so rare (the only way) and so good. The way God intended roast beef to be!

Back