free website stats program FLSTC Front Brake spongy | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLSTC Front Brake spongy

What warranty ? Harley will just give you the runaround until it expires. Been there , done that. Mine is still under warranty for two years and after many attempts for them to find the problems , I gave up on having them fix any of the many problems.

Find a better dealer, warranty will work for you just don't take no for an answer, have them get a Factory Tech involved

OK this is a follow up to my other post on this thread. Got on the Misses Heritage and "BAM" no front brakes. Back to the dealer and they replaced the front master cylinder no questions asked. Seems they know there is a problem just unsure why they are failing. Apperantly they have seen this problem on the Heritage, Road Kings and Fatboys.
Be cautiuos and check those brakes before you head out.
Good luck and be safe.

does Lemon Law apply here....repeated unsuccessful service on the same issue, especially brakes, would allow applying Lemon Law if this was a car.. That would certainly make them pay attention to the problem, and get Moco involved.
Of course you would prefer to get it corrected, but it is their job to make it right.

"does Lemon Law apply here....repeated unsuccessful service on the same issue, especially brakes, would allow applying Lemon Law if this was a car."
Good question there...However; you would have to check with each state to see if lemon laws applies. I know in the state of Florida there is no Lemon Law for motorcycles. The only recourse is to (unfortunatly) sue the dealer or the motor company and that could take years and a lot of money unless you get a class action suit going?
However you decide to handle the issue just remember "you catch more flies with sugar, than vinager."
Be safe, do your bike check list before you ride and have a happy holiday season.

OK this is a follow up to my other post on this thread. Got on the Misses Heritage and "BAM" no front brakes. Back to the dealer and they replaced the front master cylinder no questions asked. Seems they know there is a problem just unsure why they are failing. Apperantly they have seen this problem on the Heritage, Road Kings and Fatboys.
Be cautiuos and check those brakes before you head out.
Good luck and be safe.

Vendor issue, my 07 Streetbob has been recalled for the same problem:s

Back