free website stats program FLSTC Front Brake spongy | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLSTC Front Brake spongy

The shoe string method is in the lower half of that thread.:D

Cleaningcalipers.jpg

I have those days too, when you look at something and just don't see it there.:D

Comes with the age.:s

Thanks for the great replies. Bike has 1200 miles on it, and Yes it has ABS, and yes it's still under warranty. I normally fix everything myself, and the dealer is over an hour away and kills a few days. Will try cleaning the caliper this weekend. Thanks again.

My wifes 2010 Heritage did the exact same thing from day one. Dealer tried twice to get the air out. I finally purged the whole system from the bottom up and got it right. There is an air bubble still floating around in yours I promise you that. It takes 2 people to purge it out, 1 on the pump & 1 tapping on the line , you will see the bubble come out. It has been fine ever since.

I have the same problem with my 2011 FLSTC abs front brake. They've been bled twice but at 10,000 miles it seems to be getting worse. Didn't ride it today and checked the brake when I got home, no front brake at all. It will build once I ride awhile but still feels spongy.

I talked with the service manager today but there has been no recall. I asked him to call Harley Tech. Also read today, "All ABS systems require special procedures to bleed the ABS pump. The procedure involves using the new Digital Technician II to operate the pump and valves while bleeding the system." Going to ask about that in the morning.

Buddybr

Thanks for this info.........I am having issues with my 2011 with ABS. Zero Brake lever sometimes. Dealer is o help so far after bleeding the system. Best Regards

Seems to me that if it were a 2011, it should be under warranty and they should be able to fix it. Have them replace the caliper and then bleed it. I wouldn't want to be working on a brand new bike. If you mess something up, they could say it voids the warranty. Ya never know. Just my 2 cents (and it might not even be worth that much) :D
Good luck.
What warranty ? Harley will just give you the runaround until it expires. Been there , done that. Mine is still under warranty for two years and after many attempts for them to find the problems , I gave up on having them fix any of the many problems.

What warranty ? Harley will just give you the runaround until it expires. Been there , done that. Mine is still under warranty for two years and after many attempts for them to find the problems , I gave up on having them fix any of the many problems.

Sounds like a dealer problem more than a HD problem. Find another dealer.

Back