free website stats program Flhx vibration | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Flhx vibration

I'm not denying the 103 Stage IV is a very nice performing engine. But if the Moco is going to continue to offer such engine options, they need to either weld or otherwise bolster their crank or strongly suggest the option should not be added without the owner bolstering the crank.

Jim

Any more word on this post? I have 6K on my 2010 SG and started to feel the vibe or grind on my right floorboard only in 2 thru 4 gears 3000rpm. I thought it may be cause I switched to Cyclesmiths banana boards. I really didnt remember it on the stock streamline boards. Its not terrible and feels more like a grinding than a vibration. I do not feel it in my ultra with stock boards. Anyone else feel this when they switched to Banana boards?

Any more word on this post? I have 6K on my 2010 SG and started to feel the vibe or grind on my right floorboard only in 2 thru 4 gears 3000rpm. I thought it may be cause I switched to Cyclesmiths banana boards. I really didnt remember it on the stock streamline boards. Its not terrible and feels more like a grinding than a vibration. I do not feel it in my ultra with stock boards. Anyone else feel this when they switched to Banana boards?

Look between the headerpipe and the floor board to make sure there not close to touching.

... i just picked up a 2011 SG...my question is when i first start out bike seems to be a smooth, in lower gears, then after i rode it a couple of miles,, and get down to 25-45 mph range,,2nd to 4th gears,, the bike really vibrates...i dont mean front end,,its like whole bike seems to vibrate..i had a 07 i just traded in and it was no where like this one is!..when it did vibrate you knew it was from engine to handle bars..this new bike is like all over? did yours act like this? smooth out after a while? thanks for an opinion..i am hoping its a break in thing//

This situation feels like the vibrations are coming from road surface, through the wheels, up to front shocks.. to handle bars to my arms,,HELP with an answer someone..:D later..ryd

Just read through all the post. I have an 08 flhx and there is some vibration. But to what extent are we talking about? I guess I would know what you're talking about if it's happening to me. The only noise I get is when I go over a crack in the road or a sudden bump in the road I get a clunking noise and can't really figure out what it is. Sounds and feels like the battery but I checked that and it seems fine.

Just read through all the post. I have an 08 flhx and there is some vibration. But to what extent are we talking about? I guess I would know what you're talking about if it's happening to me. The only noise I get is when I go over a crack in the road or a sudden bump in the road I get a clunking noise and can't really figure out what it is. Sounds and feels like the battery but I checked that and it seems fine.

Triple tree bearings may need to be tightened a little.

Streetglider08;
i am not trying to be a (Edit) but whats in your saddlebags? i have a railroad crossing i go over a lot and i would hear this "Clunk!" everytime i crossed them on my new bike. one day i opened the saddlebag and there laid the small HD toolkit that came with the bike. i felt like a brain for figuring that one out LOL

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back