free website stats program Flhtk misfire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Flhtk misfire

I know its been a while but I was wondering if you ever got this misfire thing sorted out. My bike is doing the same thing. Was searching the web and came across this post.

Ok.

I have taken the bike to the local dealers, Stratstone at Stoke on Trent, for the brake switch upgrade.
At the same time they plugged into the diagnostics to check out the misfire. Other than O2 sensor fault, I guess from the Dobeck installation, no faults have been recorded.

I don't know why the misfire is not showing up, does anyone know if it should?

Also fitted Nostalgic pannier guards, very nice and set the bike off a treat.

JohnT

I have a 2012 FLHTK with 25000 miles on it. I have a super tuner so You can rule out a Dobeck issue. I have exactly the same problem.Bike ran perfect until about a month ago.
I call the symptom bucking.It feels like a misfire but no backfire.Very intermittent and no code reported.I replaced crank position sensor.No change.
Dealer wants Me to bring it over when malfunctioning,but by the time I drive there it is not doing it. And ,of course, no code to follow.
Went to another dealer,Who suggested a fuel filter with 25000 mile service for $364.00. Well that's not happening!
Because You have lower mileage,I am eliminating that idea.
Very frustrating problem because it can run for a week perfect.
Yesterday it bucked off and on all day,about 200 miles.

On my '12 Ultra I have the Gen 4. While in Michigan I had an occasional hick-up. Maybe 1 every 15-30 minutes,cruising around 75mph. I had the AFR's set at 14.7-14.8. I reset them to 14.5, thinking too lean, and problem was gone. Don't have an answer as to why. Never bothered to call Dobeck.
tourbox

The PROBLEM seems to be REVERSION from the exhaust system...

MY battle is the same and has been for some time.

Many different programs in the gen 4 gauge still the hic....

Mark and I have talked (should say, I've listened):reyes about this and Both believe it is Air reverting into the exhaust back up into the engine or the 02 sensor we use on the gen4, causing disruption there.

Remember the Stainless reversion collars (cones) offered once for Bikes with No or Little Back-Pressure. I used them in my 00 FXDS bike builds. Seemed to Not have any problems then... But I used them off the get-go.

My thinking is I "too" have little Back-Pressure. I'm using stock slip'ons with my stock 09 head pipes. (no cats and V&H slip on mufflers) Both sides true Mufflers of the larger openings, not the left tinny box one.

I too have found less of this little Hic-up when setting a little More fuel.

I just wonder IF you have a TFI, I Would RE-set the green pot after biked warmed..... Turning it to Really Rich, when it baucks turn it back to the better(leaner) running position... Look where it is set on the number clock Before moving... You'll want that setting Just a Tad higher(richer)... This Might solve your problem also...

Now on the gen4? I have too many good things to even start to worry about an occasional hic-up.....BUT Darn, it is there....I am supposed to get a different program in my gauge from Dobeck and I'll report IF things work better.

I do believe that the Open exhaust (lack of back pressure) along with MY cams, SE255's, have a lot to do with that pesty Hic....

signed....BUBBIE

Back