free website stats program Flhtk misfire | Harley Davidson Forums

Flhtk misfire

JOHNMOWCOP

Hello.

Any input would be appreciated with the following. I tried to send directly to Dobeck (I thought it had been sent but had no answer so I suspect it did not go). This is what I sent:

"Hello Dobeck support.

About 3000 miles ago (three months) I fitted TFI, V&H Ovals and SE Air filter to 2010 FLHTK. It's now done about 6500 miles total.

Up until about 800 miles ago it has been no problems. However very occassionaly (I mean; say once or twice every time I use it) it will misfire or cut out momentarily, just for one beat not a continual cut out. It seems to be on a changing throttle from no load to light load when just taking up the load.

Do you have any experience of this or any suggestions to what I can try. Coincidentaly, it only started after I had it in for the 5k service, is it possible that has anything to do with it??"

I do not mean to imply it is automatically a fault with the TFI, Just trying to get some pointers to the possible problem or if anyone else has had this issue.

Regards

John Taylor

Hello.

Any input would be appreciated with the following. I tried to send directly to Dobeck (I thought it had been sent but had no answer so I suspect it did not go). This is what I sent:

"Hello Dobeck support.

About 3000 miles ago (three months) I fitted TFI, V&H Ovals and SE Air filter to 2010 FLHTK. It's now done about 6500 miles total.

Up until about 800 miles ago it has been no problems. However very occassionaly (I mean; say once or twice every time I use it) it will misfire or cut out momentarily, just for one beat not a continual cut out. It seems to be on a changing throttle from no load to light load when just taking up the load.

Do you have any experience of this or any suggestions to what I can try. Coincidentaly, it only started after I had it in for the 5k service, is it possible that has anything to do with it??"

I do not mean to imply it is automatically a fault with the TFI, Just trying to get some pointers to the possible problem or if anyone else has had this issue.

Regards

John Taylor

Harley Davidson Community Try this link

Doesn't sound fuel related. Depending how you roll on/off the throttle you may just be experiencing the misfire/cutout due to Harley's fly-by-wire system.

Than you for the responses, particularly Glider as always (is there anything you don't know about Harley's:newsmile047:).

If I take it to the dealer is he going to be able to identify the fretting problem by hooking it to the diagnostics, because it happens so infrequently and randomly he probably will not be able to get it by a test ride.

Also is he going to be able to deny liability under warranty because I installed the stage 1 stuff myself.

JohnT

Than you for the responses, particularly Glider as always (is there anything you don't know about Harley's:newsmile047:).

If I take it to the dealer is he going to be able to identify the fretting problem by hooking it to the diagnostics, because it happens so infrequently and randomly he probably will not be able to get it by a test ride.

Also is he going to be able to deny liability under warranty because I installed the stage 1 stuff myself.

JohnT

If the Mufflers are found to be the problem Gray area maybe ,The dealer should be able to get tech support involved as they may have already seen this issue ? Good Luck and let all know how u make out:s

Possible problem with the DBW setup on the bike.

Harley Davidson Community
Hello Chaps. (Particularly Glider)

I need to resurrect this subject. The bicycle has been put away due to winter salt so I did not take it to the dealers to discuss the misfire.

I am now beginning to come out of hibernation and thinking of visiting the dealer to discuss the problem. (I have also had a recall notice to have the brake light witch altered, so I can have this attended to at the same time)

The trouble is, the link Glider gave for the fretting problem does not now work. I was going to copy this and take it with me. Could you reissue the link please Glider.

Many Thanks

JohnT

Ok.

I have taken the bike to the local dealers, Stratstone at Stoke on Trent, for the brake switch upgrade.
At the same time they plugged into the diagnostics to check out the misfire. Other than O2 sensor fault, I guess from the Dobeck installation, no faults have been recorded.

I don't know why the misfire is not showing up, does anyone know if it should?

Also fitted Nostalgic pannier guards, very nice and set the bike off a treat.

JohnT

Another thing that it could be is the Cylinder Deduction. This is part of the harley heat management. They also call it parade mode. You may want to make sure that is off just to make sure this isn't causing it.

Hello Chaps. (Particularly Glider)
. . . . . . . . . . .
The trouble is, the link Glider gave for the fretting problem does not now work. I was going to copy this and take it with me. Could you reissue the link please Glider. Many Thanks JohnT

John evidently you have not been on the forum in awhile. Glider is no longer a member of the forum currently. He may come back someday, but for the time his account is frozen. I "believe" it was his choice to take a break from the forums. In any case he is not currently here to answer your questions.

Back